User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Helpful alternative information for those who want to go and can't book a spot in SPs
    That site you linked to has so many pop up ads it makes it hard to read. It would be nice to find an alternative with that same info.

This thread goes along with your SP thread, i'm going to merge the 2 to keep some continuity on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I hope someone may be able to find a better site for Florida county & city campgrounds; I also found site hard to navigate.
    fwiw.....
    If you use "Reader View" in your browser you will get just a list without all the ads/distractions.... I know both Apple's Safari browser and Google's Chrome browser offer this option; not sure about what Windows does.

In the mean time, here is a PDF version of that web site and hopefully the links work... Click on the attachment and it should download so you can read it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Florida County Park Camping.pdf 
Views:	5 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	49061
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floridian

Now us foreigners (Georgian) can only reserve campsite 10 months out, was 11 months out. Now Florida residents are only ones that can make reservation 11 months out as of 1/1/2024. This gives Floridians a month jump on the rest of us.

Based on my experience this means us foreigners (Georgian) won't be able to get site at campgrounds at beach at state parks in Florida. It was good while it lasted, been camping at coast in Florida since 2012. Had to be at computer ready to click on book the very second the reservation window opened to get site at beach.

Floridians have been trying to get this passed for a very long time. It has been nearly impossible to get a campsite in our own state, and when you do, there ends up being empty sites everywhere. October to March is the best weather for camping in Florida. As a resident, I would like to be able to go to the state parks and enjoy them. However, in years past this wasn’t the case. Snowbirds take up the vast majority of the sites instantly leaving residents with none. We will see how this plays out, but for the time being, I for one am one happy camper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The taxpayers who pay for the parks deserve preference. How else would you give them that?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    The taxpayers who pay for the parks deserve preference. How else would you give them that?
    I thought I read that the funding the parks system comes exclusively by fees, not the general fund. Thus the state residents don't contribute any more to their upkeep than the out of staters. True?
    Darren & Lynne
    Innkeepers, Phineas Swann Inn & Spa, Montgomery, Vermont
    2023 Imagine 2670MK
    2024 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    In a way it's a good thing for FL residents, but bad for everyone else. We have family that are selling their trailer (they live in FL) for the sole reason that they cannot get a campsite at the State parks because it gets booked so fast by those out of state, especially during snowbird season which is prime camping time for FL. So I understand it from that point of view, but it sure will hurt the snowbirds who rely on SPs for the winter visit.
    I agree with the decision to give Floridians the jump start on reservations being that I am from Florida. I find it impossible to camp in my own area due to the amount of snowbirds coming down here. I get it. But I’ve run into the same issue trying to camp on the summer going north to Michigan.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in Florida but I support this new rule 100%. If the shoe was on the other foot you can bet those out of state RV'ers complaining would be screaming about others taking all the spots in their own state.

As I understand it, there's wide open patches of land in AZ that anyone can pull up onto and camp for free.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now us foreigners (Georgian) can only reserve campsite 10 months out, was 11 months out. Now Florida residents are only ones that can make reservation 11 months out as of 1/1/2024. This gives Floridians a month jump on the rest of us.

Based on my experience this means us foreigners (Georgian) won't be able to get site at campgrounds at beach at state parks in Florida. It was good while it lasted, been camping at coast in Florida since 2012. Had to be at computer ready to click on book the very second the reservation window opened to get site at beach.
    I question also weather that is even legal or not
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 12-17-2023 at 08:12 PM. Reason: removed political content ,no politics please.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn’t a political issue. Not sure why you have to even bring that up except to polarize people to your point of view.

Support of state parks in Florida, just like every other state is done financially through the state government. Yes there maybe pieces done by non profit making groups, but the infrastructure ( physical, staffing, improvements, are supported by the tax payers of the state the parks occur in. The mandate for the non taxed land comes from a state charter. To think that the fees charged would ever pay for and continue the state park program is myopic. Taxpayers pay for it to exist. User fees make up a pittance of the money to operate and maintain the resource

The argument that the revenue generated by visitors helps the economy, is true, but that revenue can come about through residents utilization also.

Florida is no different. The fact that it is a tourist Mecca should have no bearing. The people who pay the freight ( the tax payers) should have first crack at using their resources the subsidize .

Non state residents should be thankful that they can have access at all. I’m all for residents getting first crack at reservation through this kind of advantage of having a larger/ earlier window.

What you should be railing about are the companies with the bots buying up the reservations and reselling them for profit

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    It isn’t a political issue. Not sure why you have to even bring that up except to polarize people to your point of view.

Support of state parks in Florida, just like every other state is done financially through the state government. Yes there maybe pieces done by non profit making groups, but the infrastructure ( physical, staffing, improvements, are supported by the tax payers of the state the parks occur in. The mandate for the non taxed land comes from a state charter. To think that the fees charged would ever pay for and continue the state park program is myopic. Taxpayers pay for it to exist. User fees make up a pittance of the money to operate and maintain the resource

The argument that the revenue generated by visitors helps the economy, is true, but that revenue can come about through residents utilization also.

Florida is no different. The fact that it is a tourist Mecca should have no bearing. The people who pay the freight ( the tax payers) should have first crack at using their resources the subsidize .

Non state residents should be thankful that they can have access at all. I’m all for residents getting first crack at reservation through this kind of advantage of having a larger/ earlier window.

What you should be railing about are the companies with the bots buying up the reservations and reselling them for profit
    I apologize if I offended you Sailor and never intended my comment to offend any one. I guess if the Florida spots are all filled up just take your money to another site that is open.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast