Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick 641 View Post
    Load range H 16 ply
    The picture that you included looks like a Sailun S637 when I blew it up - but hard to tell. That model is a 14 ply G rated tire.

If the tire you took off is an H rated 16 ply, then it is a light truck tire. If it is a light truck tire, regardless of the number of plies, it has a less stiff sidewall than an ST tire, meaning that the WCC is far lower on that tire. If that is the case, when one tire blew, the other was totally incapable of supporting your load by itself and it too exploded. Please let us know what model Sailun tire you were using.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've made our way from Folsom, CA area to Great Falls, MT. Over 1500 mi by way of Salt Lake a city and Yosemite. Sailun ST637's have been in the mid 90 psi range with no issues. And that's going over some pretty rough roads including construction gravel roadways for a few miles.

Truck has pulled the trailer beautifully with minimal chucking despite the oem solid Lippert pin box. Braking and turning have been as expected with no issues.

Trailer has probably taken a bit of a beating though since there have been some really rough stretches of road. At one pit stop we found our metal tea kettle on the ground.

So far I'm pretty happy to have swapped out the oem Westlakes.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    Any reason I can't put the Sailun 235/85R16 on the 16 x 6 Jaguar wheels that came with my 337RLS? I didn't see any max pressure markings on the wheel when I had it off but wouldn't think it would be a problem. I will use metal valve stems.

Disregard - I did a better search and found the answer. Max pressure is a function of the valve stem.
    I installed my Sailun 235/80 16's on my stock 16X6 rims with no problem. A friend did the same with his Solitude and has no issues.
    Tim and Betsy
    Retired U. S. Marine (Tim)
    Retired Pastor (Tim)
    Active Golfer! (Tim)
    Current Physician Assistant (Betsy)
    2016 Solitude 366DEN
    2018 Chevrolet Crew Cab, DuraMax, 4WD, Dually, Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTim View Post
    I installed my Sailun 235/80 16's on my stock 16X6 rims with no problem. A friend did the same with his Solitude and has no issues.
    RevTim, I appreciate the info. I didn't think it would be a problem but very nice to have confirmation although it's too late to back out now since I have 5 brand new tires sitting in the garage.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd Saulin blowout in year and halfClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ISA9cOeNQluQwZ2Q5ikYsw.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	14035 Time to try another brand
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you provide more details, such as how many miles on the tire? Do you regularly check for abnormal wear? Do you use a TPMS? Do you know your gross weight? Looks like catastrophic failure, so I doubt there was anything left to isolate to a road hazard. Was this third failure on the same wheel/position on the TT?

Don't misunderstand--not suggesting the failures are your fault, I'm just trying to understand the failure mode.

On a side note, I've walked the entire length of the runway at Ellsworth AFB picking up pieces of rubber from a B-1B main landing gear tire that failed during takeoff roll. A B-1's tires are checked before and after each sortie by multiple sets of eyes. My point is some failures may be unavoidable given the current state of tire technology.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my reply to you from a while back. You never answered. You stated in your original post that the tires are H rated. The correct tire is a Sailun S637 which only comes in a G rating. Which is correct - your original picture or your statement about being an H rated LT tire?

The picture that you included looks like a Sailun S637 when I blew it up - but hard to tell. That model is a 14 ply G rated tire.

If the tire you took off is an H rated 16 ply, then it is a Sailun light truck tire, not an ST. If it is a light truck tire, regardless of the number of plies, it has a less stiff sidewall than an ST tire, meaning that the WCC is far lower on that tire. If that is the case, when one tire blew, the other was totally incapable of supporting your load by itself and it too exploded. Please let us know what model Sailun tire you were using.

Please respond to that question, because it appears that you are running the wrong tires for your rig, meaning it's not surprising that you are blowing them. What is the model and rating of the tires that are blowing out? Also, if you are using the right tire, what is your trailer weight and is it balanced? In all instances (based on nearly identical pictures in two separate posts) it appears that you blew out tires on the same side of the coach. What's your tire pressure? What's you speed?

This may all sound very probing but it's not meant to be. I'm just concerned that you have a problem that is going to keep happening and it may or may not be tire related.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Can you provide more details, such as how many miles on the tire? Do you regularly check for abnormal wear? Do you use a TPMS? Do you know your gross weight? Looks like catastrophic failure, so I doubt there was anything left to isolate to a road hazard. Was this third failure on the same wheel/position on the TT?

Don't misunderstand--not suggesting the failures are your fault, I'm just trying to understand the failure mode.

On a side note, I've walked the entire length of the runway at Ellsworth AFB picking up pieces of rubber from a B-1B main landing gear tire that failed during takeoff roll. A B-1's tires are checked before and after each sortie by multiple sets of eyes. My point is some failures may be unavoidable given the current state of tire technology.
    Tire had maybe 1500 to 2000 miles, check tires before every trip, have TST tire monitors. Haven't weighted lately but sure I'm not over tires are rated at 6005 lbs. each. They are 235 75R 17.5 16 ply. Same location on all 3. TPMS never went off I heard it blow an was pulling off when it started beeping.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Here's my reply to you from a while back. You never answered. You stated in your original post that the tires are H rated. The correct tire is a Sailun S637 which only comes in a G rating. Which is correct - your original picture or your statement about being an H rated LT tire?

If the tire you took off is an H rated 16 ply, then it is a Sailun light truck tire, not an ST. If it is a light truck tire, regardless of the number of plies, it has a less stiff sidewall than an ST tire, meaning that the WCC is far lower on that tire. If that is the case, when one tire blew, the other was totally incapable of supporting your load by itself and it too exploded. Please let us know what model Sailun tire you were using.

Please respond to that question, because it appears that you are running the wrong tires for your rig, meaning it's not surprising that you are blowing them. What is the model and rating of the tires that are blowing out? Also, if you are using the right tire, what is your trailer weight and is it balanced? In all instances (based on nearly identical pictures in two separate posts) it appears that you blew out tires on the same side of the coach. What's your tire pressure? What's you speed?

This may all sound very probing but it's not meant to be. I'm just concerned that you have a problem that is going to keep happening and it may or may not be tire related.
    Its a S637 Running 125lbs as stated cold pressure on sidewall, an 65 to 70 mph

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post

There website lists it as a commercial all position tire

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast