User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 way plug wiring color/diagram

The 7way plug on my 2017 35'? Grand design travel trailer had some wear and gave "trailer disconnected" signals on dash. I purchased a GM recommended male plug (Pollak). The old connector is molded together so I am unable to see how colored wires connected to male 7-way plug. I even hack sawed old plug and still not able to see the colored wire connections. The Pollack plug has wire color suggestions on it. The colors seem to hold out, match with yellow left over to go to center (auxiliary). Does anyone know the proper color wires to 7 way male plug?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travel trailer 7-way plug wiring diagram-Bing search comes up with plenty of options, and if I were a gambler, I’d put money on none of them being applicable to GD. Why not try calling customer service with your year, model, VIN, and build date. Can’t see why they wouldn’t help you.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this help?.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer Wiring Diagrams.pdf 
Views:	489 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	20827
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are standard pig tails that should just wire right to the color of the wire and to the pin in the connector. This is a standard wiring diagram. @traveldawg has posted a good diagram above.

Brian

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Mictuning 7 Pin Plug & Junction Box to make a test break out box.
    It's wire colors matched my 5er pin box junction box wire colors and the wires were on the correct pins in the plug.
    The truck's 7 pin wiring lands on the correct 7 pin terminals, Ram just uses different colors for their wires.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mictuning MIC-TWB-031 7 Pin Plug & Junction Box.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	20831

- Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Owners manual has a diagram too
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the suggestions and great diagrams. I have also placed an e-mail to Grand Design customer service and am waiting for a reply. I believe that I am on the right track in rewiring the new plug. Again, thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange, but nothing in my owners manual. I got a reply from customer service with wiring diagram.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no reason to not trust the trailer wiring diagrams you find on line. 7-Ways are universal be it utility, livestock, boat, or RV trailer. They show the wire color/pin location view looking at the end of the plug, so you have to work really hard to screw it up.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Travel trailer 7-way plug wiring diagram-Bing search comes up with plenty of options, and if I were a gambler, I’d put money on none of them being applicable to GD. Why not try calling customer service with your year, model, VIN, and build date. Can’t see why they wouldn’t help you.
    N
    Well you’d loose money on that bet, the 7 way wiring is not GD specific, they are universal for all trailers/tv’s.