User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck fuel lanes

Wanting to know if they make some sort of reducer for the big truck nozzles, wanting to fill a couple of five gallon cans also when getting fuel. The cans I have the opening is to small for the nozzle to fit into.
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are your 5-gallon "cans" plastic? If so, I would not use them for fuel in a moving vehicle. The steel 5-gallon Jerry cans that off-roaders use have openings that are more than large enough for diesel nozzles at the truck stops. (But I would still strap them down securely for travel.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick 641 View Post
    Wanting to know if they make some sort of reducer for the big truck nozzles, wanting to fill a couple of five gallon cans also when getting fuel. The cans I have the opening is to small for the nozzle to fit into.
    Not likely, would be considerable risk of failure and then leaked fuel I would imagine (although this happens all the time at truck stops anyways). Probably better off getting wide-mouthed fuel cans - that will provide more flexibility for all sized pump nozzles.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I would just get different cans. I have 2 yellow diesel plastic 6 gallon gas cans that I use for premix with the dirt bikes. They have 2.5" openings on one end.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Are your 5-gallon "cans" plastic? If so, I would not use them for fuel in a moving vehicle. The steel 5-gallon Jerry cans that off-roaders use have openings that are more than large enough for diesel nozzles at the truck stops. (But I would still strap them down securely for travel.)

Rob
    Why not

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always just held the truck nozzle up to gas can. Yeah they don't always fit but by pressing it against the can it seals enough to not spill and fill the can

Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    Why not

I just trust the steel Jerry cans more than I do plastic in a moving vehicle. Plastic is much more easily punctured.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thisis what I was thinking of trying. Not interested in getting any more cans as I have probably 15 now. Was looking at the VP Racing cans but they are to tall with box cover on.
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I just trust the steel Jerry cans more than I do plastic in a moving vehicle. Plastic is much more easily punctured.

Rob
    Oh I have never had a problem with plastic in 30 years including some cans that are over 10 years old sitting in the sun all the time. Problem I found with metal is they rust. Only hole I ever had in plastic was one a bear bit

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to buy a gas can in Moab a couple of years ago. All I could find was the metal jerry can, so I bought that. When the guy asked me if I found everything OK, I said no. I was looking for the plastic gas can. I asked if had any. He said no. I asked if they were just out and he said no. When I asked why not, he looked at me and said “They melt”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast