User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that gasket compression is the correct indicator of a properly closed slide. I would check the gasket all the way around with the slide extended to make sure it is mounted correctly (i.e. not twisted or loose).
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gap at the top of the slide is aprox 1/4 inch and the bottom of the slide as you see in the pictures aprox 4 inches the other side of the slide is a litttle better.
    My whole point is Grand Design customer service says I will have to live with it. I think someone knows how to fix this. I agree it is a cosmetic problem but what you pay for these units it is NOT acceptable.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seal but the slide is not square when closed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your picture the gap only shows clearly at the bottom of the "J" skirt.

The key to if you have a real issue or simply a cosmetic issue is how well your slide is sealed between the top of the slide and the point where the floor of the slide sits (roughly at the top of the darker "J" skirt). If the slide is sealed (and of consistent depth) at the top and bottom then your issue is cosmetic if the gap only effects the "J" skirt. To correct the gap at the bottom of the "J" skirt is simply a matter of adjusting the braces that hold the "J" skirt in place. If the gap at the top of the slide is less than the gap at the bottom of the slide, then you need to get your slide adjusted. If your slide is sealing properly then you only have a cosmetic issue that effects the "J" skirt.

Since you are still under warranty, the dealer should fix this to your satisfaction, a 4 inch gap is not normal !!

Basically, the gaps should be equal all the way around the slide, if they are not, then the slide needs to be adjusted.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The large slide out on my 2020 337RLS does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by qtrmile2 View Post
    Attachment 25993Attachment 25994
    I purchased a 2020 Imagine 2970RL in Oct 2019. I noticed a few weeks ago the the kitchen slide does not close all the way as shown in the pictures. I took in to the dealership that I purchased it from and they can not fix the problem. I then called Customer service and talked to a lady for 45 minutes. No help there either. She said that"s the way it is designed and I will have to live with that. Great customer service HUH. I proceeded to call Corporate and wanted to speak to the President. They are closed for now so I will wait until they reopen.

My question is does anyone else have this problem because customer service and the dealership says all Imagines do this. I thought if you have a defect on your unit it would covered and fixed within the 12 month Warranty period.
    I need help to understand why this issue can not be fixed and I have to live with it. I told customer service that the fender will blow off going down the road at some point. She said we have Oct to see of it does.
    A LOT OF HELP SHE IS.
    What do you think?
    My slide out is a screw drive actuator under the unit. You just need to adjust it to slide in further. I did it in small increments to be safe. It still doesn't seal completely on the bottom but it's better. Look on-line on how to adjust the travel in. It's a nut you loosen so you can turn the "in" stop. I found instructions on line and in the manual for the slide out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qtrmile2 View Post
    Attachment 25993Attachment 25994
    I purchased a 2020 Imagine 2970RL in Oct 2019. I noticed a few weeks ago the the kitchen slide does not close all the way as shown in the pictures. I took in to the dealership that I purchased it from and they can not fix the problem. I then called Customer service and talked to a lady for 45 minutes. No help there either. She said that"s the way it is designed and I will have to live with that. Great customer service HUH. I proceeded to call Corporate and wanted to speak to the President. They are closed for now so I will wait until they reopen.

My question is does anyone else have this problem because customer service and the dealership says all Imagines do this. I thought if you have a defect on your unit it would covered and fixed within the 12 month Warranty period.
    I need help to understand why this issue can not be fixed and I have to live with it. I told customer service that the fender will blow off going down the road at some point. She said we have Oct to see of it does.
    A LOT OF HELP SHE IS.
    What do you think?
    I agree with @Txfivver - though we do not have that Imagine model his fits like ours. Assuming a picture of the front gap equals the rear, they should be able to draw it in a bit. If the gap is different, the rack/timing adjustment will be a bit more warranty work to do. I'd provide pictures but ours is in storage at the moment.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I have taken my camper to two dealers. One dealer can't fix it. The other dealer tells me i will have to pay the difference of cost to the manufacture. Dealer says manufacturer won't pay the whole amount to fix it and I have top pay the rest. Also they said they have to remove the slide and put it back in and then it probably won't be any better. I'm going to call LCI and see what they say. Grand Design says that's how it is designed so you will have to deal with it.
    The seal at the top is compressed to 1/4 inch. The seal at the bottom is barely sealed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also thinking they need re-synced. Check the owners manual or call GD or search on here. My control board is under the bathroom sink, yours may be elsewhere.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast