Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    http://winfieldrvproducts.com/LANDIN...SS_BRACES.html

I installed a set of these on our previous 5th wheel and transferred them over to the 303. Straight bolt on installation taking about a half an hour. I don't know how they compare to the Strongarms but they eliminate side to side motion at the front of the trailer.
    You were smart. Mine when with the old 5th wheel. New ones are on the way. Thanks
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    All the gas lines on my 303RLS were on the street side going from front toward the rear directly in the center of the I-beam. Where the soft hose from the regulator joins the hard line, I installed a 90 degree elbow, then another one to form an offset. Then installed a 12" nipple followed by two more 90 degree elbows which put the remaining pipe back in the original location. By shortening the original 48" pipe to a 36" pipe all connections remained the same and the location for the JT Strong Arm mount was open for installation.

One might consider doing the same regardless of which side the gas line is on.
    Thank you Retread68. I may need to do the same thing. Thank you for the information.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    I installed JT Strongarms on our 337RLS, huge difference in stability. On our street side frame rails with the propane line on it, there was room next to the propane line to drill the holes for the frame mount. I didn't have to alter anything.
    Given the date on this post, I figure I'd better quote it to you! Darling wife and I are in year 2 of our new (to us) 2015 337RLS and, after several trips, I am awaiting my set of JT Strongarms. My question is where do the rear brackets best attach to the frame and do I need additional hardware other than what's included in the kit? I glanced at a late model 337 that was mounted (it appeared) in a central point in the middle of the rig; wondering how to locate a crossmember or if I should bolt to the siderail, but lose the lateral stabilizing. Your thoughts? Thanks even 4 years later.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev&Gin View Post
    Thanks Rob. I appreciate the offer but it's not necessary. I've already ordered the JT Strongarms. I was very please with them on my last 5th wheel.
    Goes to frame. On my 337

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1592746139683-2010849443.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	27422
    Last edited by Jims94vmx; 06-21-2020 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added rig
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson Beifuss View Post
    Given the date on this post, I figure I'd better quote it to you! Darling wife and I are in year 2 of our new (to us) 2015 337RLS and, after several trips, I am awaiting my set of JT Strongarms. My question is where do the rear brackets best attach to the frame and do I need additional hardware other than what's included in the kit? I glanced at a late model 337 that was mounted (it appeared) in a central point in the middle of the rig; wondering how to locate a crossmember or if I should bolt to the siderail, but lose the lateral stabilizing. Your thoughts? Thanks even 4 years later.
    Attached is an older picture I have of our rear center mounting location. These were dealer installed. I suspect there is a cross member spanning the frame in that location. I think your 2015 has the same rear stabilizer system as our 2014 and does not have the auto leveling as Jim shared in his post #14 .

We are finally taking it out of our indoor storage this week. I will take a closer look if you need me to do so and share more if you wish.

Name:	20150825_132926.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	27496

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Attached is an older picture I have of our rear center mounting location. These were dealer installed. I suspect there is a cross member spanning the frame in that location. I think your 2015 has the same rear stabilizer system as our 2014 and does not have the auto leveling as Jim shared in his post #14 .

We are finally taking it out of our indoor storage this week. I will take a closer look if you need me to do so and share more if you wish.

Name:	20150825_132926.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	27496

Dan
    Well, Dan, if I had figured out how to do my signature line the way everyone else has, it would be more clear. But I've been a forum member for over a year and I still cannot figure that part of the forum out. That is just my ignorance. Someday, I will. For now, with apologies, my rig is the 337RLS, 2015, so my jacks are farther forward than yours, on your 303, closer to the rear axles and I have about 3 miles (OK, a slight exaggeration...) to get to the cross-member in your photo. Plus, my spare tire hangs in the way of a center point mount. It would be best for stability, it's true. but it seems other 337 owners are mounting to the main beam aft of the rear jacks and calling it as good as can be. It doesn't get the lateral stability that installing a secondary piece of angle iron would, but tightening and loosening the Strongarms when you're mounted that far underneath the rig also becomes a trick, even if you have the T-handle. I guess I could make it a full-fledged project by going with a supplemental piece of angle iron, or just mount the aft-of-jacks on the beam method that I've seen before on the 337.

By the way, thank you a whole lot for the photo. I really appreciate it. I look at what everybody has done and try to get as smart as I can before I start drilling holes in my propane lines!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Dan, if I had figured out how to do my signature line the way everyone else has, it would be more clear. But I've been a forum member for over a year and I still cannot figure that part of the forum out. That is just my ignorance. Someday, I will. For now, with apologies, my rig is the 337RLS, 2015, so my jacks are farther forward than yours, on your 303, closer to the rear axles and I have about 3 miles (OK, a slight exaggeration...) to get to the cross-member in your photo. Plus, my spare tire hangs in the way of a center point mount. It would be best for stability, it's true. but it seems other 337 owners are mounting to the main beam aft of the rear jacks and calling it as good as can be. It doesn't get the lateral stability that installing a secondary piece of angle iron would, but tightening and loosening the Strongarms when you're mounted that far underneath the rig also becomes a trick, even if you have the T-handle. I guess I could make it a full-fledged project by going with a supplemental piece of angle iron, or just mount the aft-of-jacks on the beam method that I've seen before on the 337.

By the way, thank you a whole lot for the photo. I really appreciate it. I look at what everybody has done and try to get as smart as I can before I start drilling holes in my propane lines!!
    I saw that you shared in your post #13 that you have a 337. I thought the 2014 and 2015 337 models had the same placement as the 2015 and 2015 303s.....my bad. Now I will have to learn more about this. Yea, never a good thing drilling through propane lines !

Not sure if this link will work for you clicking the Forum tab and then clicking the FAQ tab when displayed will explain how to create/modify signatures, avatars, etc. @WhittleBurner (Gary and Marcy) are moderators and can help with this I suspect. It is very helpful for those asking and those answering questions so as to not have to repeat redundant information.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/faq....atures_avatars

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 06-23-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Dan, if I had figured out how to do my signature line the way everyone else has, it would be more clear.!!
    Try post # 4 in this thread ,if it doesn't help you send me a PM of how and what you want you Sig line to look and we can set it up for you.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Try post # 4 in this thread ,if it doesn't help you send me a PM of how and what you want you Sig line to look and we can set it up for you.
    Gary & Marcy,
    Thanks so much for helping the technologically challenged. I did finally get my JT Strongarms installed. Haven't yet been out to see how they change our camping experience yet. That will be in a couple weeks. We're still pretty quarantined here. We sneak out for a week or so at our local state parks for a sanity break, but that has been it for us this year.

I did also get a chance to work on what you were assisting me on. That mostly worked, but for the obvious problem, My avatar keeps posting sideways and I cannot figure out how to rotate it. The original is oriented fine and even changing its orientation does nothing for the orientation of the avatar. It still insists on being sideways. I do notice that your domain managers' photos are wider in aspect than my photo. Long vs wide? What could be causing my grief? My poor DeDe deserves more respect than this!

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I found the other discussions on the software glitch on cellphone images that caused the photos to post sideways, fixed mine and now DeDe is shown the proper respect. Sorry to bother you with minutiae like this over and over again! Thank you for being available. I shut down the app and relogged on to try and apply my signature changes that you provided me.

Thanks again for the tutoring.

Jeff
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12