User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    This one is just plain negligence on their part as they didn't install the plate that reinforces the bracket. I just got one on these myself to install because I was concerned with the sag caused by the unsupported length of the awning. here are the Carefree instruction to illustrate.Attachment 29363
    Here it is installed:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200921_131110116_HDR.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	29799
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    No, because hitting the stud is completely optional. GDRV used to build a quality product, not so sure in the last few years. They seemed to have joined the turn ‘em out quick and ship a POS if you must “family” of RV manufacturers.
    Have to agree. It is obvious to me with over 30 issues and build quality, that is exactly correct. As far as the awning, I would let the dealer or mobile tech fix it. Manufacturers are only held accountable when they repair their shoddy work.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally found some time this past weekend to investigate how I wanted to do this repair. Unfortunately a through bolt repair using the existing hole won't be possible since the existing hole leads to the edge of the roof and not to an easily accessible inside space. @powerscol how long ago did you implement your plusnut fix and has it held well? Any issues with the awning weight causing de-lamination of the exterior panel as it pulls at the plusnuts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptavares View Post
    I finally found some time this past weekend to investigate how I wanted to do this repair. Unfortunately a through bolt repair using the existing hole won't be possible since the existing hole leads to the edge of the roof and not to an easily accessible inside space. @powerscol how long ago did you implement your plusnut fix and has it held well? Any issues with the awning weight causing de-lamination of the exterior panel as it pulls at the plusnuts
    No issues - bowed awning back chanel has stayed flat, even in differential sun, but only been out for 1 short weekend trip. No de lam issue as the plusnut is holding to the steel (very thin) backing plate. Remember the plusnuts stand proud of the trailer skin about 1/16. You might want to check that there is a backing plat in the wall. Use a strong magnet.

I would get the mounting plate @Wicked ace showed in his drawing That plate has 4 corner screws and then there are the 2 bracket screws - should hold well.

Question As your still under warranty have you called GD customer service? They may send you the mounting plate and authorize a mobile teck to help install if you don't want to use your dealer. They can also let you know what is the structure behind the bracket. If you have a good stud finder you can locate the aluminum framing and possibly get some anchorage there. That high up you should find the aluminum top rail. Have you probed the hole to see what there? Also have you checked that the saddle is free moving?

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Here it is installed:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200921_131110116_HDR.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	29799
    How did you determine where to mount? Were you able to locate an aluminum stud?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12