User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the Forum from Texas

For some time now we've used this forum as a great resource. I have found this extremely useful and is most times my first resource I turn to.
    I felt it was finally time to participate. I am extremely familiar with the search functions, but have also found great information on recent post. Seems like new perspectives have been beneficial on more than one occasion (as quickly as things are changing in the RV world, more now than ever).
    Thanks for everything
    Bruce & Michelle
    Bruce & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome. I'm fairly new as well. What part of Texas are y'all from? I'm wAAAAAy up north in Fritch.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWTMLT View Post
    For some time now we've used this forum as a great resource. I have found this extremely useful and is most times my first resource I turn to.
    I felt it was finally time to participate. I am extremely familiar with the search functions, but have also found great information on recent post. Seems like new perspectives have been beneficial on more than one occasion (as quickly as things are changing in the RV world, more now than ever).
    Thanks for everything
    Bruce & Michelle
    Welcome from another Texan, ok we were adopted by Texas, not a native Texan, but have been glad to live in Texas for the last 17 years. Now fulltime but still based out of Texas.
    Lots of good people here, lots of experience, lots of advice from owners. Yes the search function on the forum is your friend. Example Wife thinks its a good idea to buy a generator just in case we need it while we are camping in the cold north this Nov / Dec. Ran a search and found some good reviews, some trouble-shooting, and some "look-out-for" this.

Y'all have a great day and adventures
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy CruisinTx
    We are located right in the middle of nowhere (About 50 miles northwest of Abilene). I think I know about where y'all are located. Seems like there is a real nice lake not too far from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    welcome. I'm fairly new as well. What part of Texas are y'all from? I'm wAAAAAy up north in Fritch.
    Bruce & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steven
    Yes I agree, this forum seems to have some of the most experienced members that provide content and also resources for just about any topic. We retired in 2018, so lots of new adventures in our new way of life
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Welcome from another Texan, ok we were adopted by Texas, not a native Texan, but have been glad to live in Texas for the last 17 years. Now fulltime but still based out of Texas.
    Lots of good people here, lots of experience, lots of advice from owners. Yes the search function on the forum is your friend. Example Wife thinks its a good idea to buy a generator just in case we need it while we are camping in the cold north this Nov / Dec. Ran a search and found some good reviews, some trouble-shooting, and some "look-out-for" this.

Y'all have a great day and adventures
    Bruce & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, welcome Bruce and Michelle @BWTMLT ! There is a lot of good information out here as we try to be a factual and helpful as we can w/o the other social media drama. This combined with good people make a good and fun forum.

Enjoy your new 29RS and it looks like a new truck as well !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan!
    Yes ref the truck, I've wanted a crew cab with Duramax and Allison transmission just about ever since they came out. Since used trucks were in high demand this year with some great incentives on new trucks, it was time to upgrade. I picked out a 3500, but I was vetoed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Yes, welcome Bruce and Michelle @BWTMLT ! There is a lot of good information out here as we try to be a factual and helpful as we can w/o the other social media drama. This combined with good people make a good and fun forum.

Enjoy your new 29RS and it looks like a new truck as well !

Dan
    Bruce & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy CruisinTx
    We are located right in the middle of nowhere (About 50 miles northwest of Abilene). I think I know about where y'all are located. Seems like there is a real nice lake not too far from there.
    yeppers, we live about a half mile from the water at Lake Meredith. I've been here since Jan '99 & love it. Moved here to maximize time on my sailboat and minimize time getting home afterward. Moved on from sailing to biking in about 2004 because the declining lake levels. Still biking but hoping to have a Reflections 337RLS by this time next year so the wife and I can get serious about traveling as a major part of our retirement.

So, you up near Aspermont or Rotan maybe?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man your good! Yes, we are about 15 miles from Aspermont. We live in a little farm and ranch community called Sagerton. It is between Stamford and Aspermont. The first thing we did once retired was start traveling some and have loved it. We don't care for hotels or evening flying much anymore so the RV was the perfect solution. Unfortunately all travel was put on hold this year, but have already made plans for 2021 for the Vermont and New England area. Temperatures seem to be a little more agreeable there during the summer for us. We were there last fall and didn't want to come back home.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    yeppers, we live about a half mile from the water at Lake Meredith. I've been here since Jan '99 & love it. Moved here to maximize time on my sailboat and minimize time getting home afterward. Moved on from sailing to biking in about 2004 because the declining lake levels. Still biking but hoping to have a Reflections 337RLS by this time next year so the wife and I can get serious about traveling as a major part of our retirement.

So, you up near Aspermont or Rotan maybe?
    Bruce & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man your good! Yes, we are about 15 miles from Aspermont. We live in a little farm and ranch community called Sagerton. It is between Stamford and Aspermont. The first thing we did once retired was start traveling some and have loved it. We don't care for hotels or evening flying much anymore so the RV was the perfect solution. Unfortunately all travel was put on hold this year, but have already made plans for 2021 for the Vermont and New England area. Temperatures seem to be a little more agreeable there during the summer for us. We were there last fall and didn't want to come back home.
    Na, just apply a little common sense combined with a map and you are there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails middle nowhere.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast