User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have owned our 2500RL for one year now. issues showing up.

Hello all,

My wife and I have owned our Grand design Imagine 2500RL for a year now and have used a lot over the year. I really like the layout etc but I am now starting to have some concerns.

1. the front and rear door each have a different key. I find this is a little odd and is a bit of a pain in the butt. Is it normal for the two entry doors to have different keys?
    2. The rear entry door is very hard to close from the inside of the trailer. It feels as though I will pull the handle off by pulling it so hard.
    3. I heard rumors of "P" traps under the sinks not being on tight and leaking later. Before my first trip I found that both the P trap under the kitchen sink as well as the bathroom sink were very lose. The bathroom sink leaked when I ran the water. this was an easy fix though.
    4.The bathroom faucet has the hot and cold water lines reversed.
    5.We have a water leak that runs down the exterior of the trailer under the awning. When it rains and the awning is out water runs steady down the side of the trailer.
    6.During a heavy rain storm this past Thanksgiving we had water running down the inside wall of the bathroom pooling water onto the countertop and bathroom floor.

I am very concerned about the leaking. I have the trailer booked in to the dealership this November to have the items looked at, but I worry that damage has been done. One of the things the representative from the manufacture told me at the 2019 RV show was that they use a special foil type tape on the corners that makes it the best to prevent leaks. Somehow I don't think it is working.
    Has anyone else had their brand new Grandesign trailer leak? What was done about it?

R. Foster

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLFoster View Post
    Hello all,

My wife and I have owned our Grand design Imagine 2500RL for a year now and have used a lot over the year. I really like the layout etc but I am now starting to have some concerns.

1. the front and rear door each have a different key. I find this is a little odd and is a bit of a pain in the butt. Is it normal for the two entry doors to have different keys?
    2. The rear entry door is very hard to close from the inside of the trailer. It feels as though I will pull the handle off by pulling it so hard.
    3. I heard rumors of "P" traps under the sinks not being on tight and leaking later. Before my first trip I found that both the P trap under the kitchen sink as well as the bathroom sink were very lose. The bathroom sink leaked when I ran the water. this was an easy fix though.
    5.We have a water leak that runs down the exterior of the trailer under the awning. When it rains and the awning is out water runs steady down the side of the trailer.
    6.During a heavy rain storm this past Thanksgiving we had water running down the inside wall of the bathroom pooling water onto the countertop and bathroom floor.

I am very concerned about the leaking. I have the trailer booked in to the dealership this November to have the items looked at, but I worry that damage has been done. One of the things the representative from the manufacture told me at the 2019 RV show was that they use a special foil type tape on the corners that makes it the best to prevent leaks. Somehow I don't think it is working.
    Has anyone else had their brand new Grandesign trailer leak? What was done about it?

R. Foster
    1. Yes, not uncommon. It's only relatively recently that keyed alike became common. Our 2015 Heritage Glen had 4 different keys!

2. The striker can be adjusted, and some lubricant on the latch works wonders.

3. Check them as a routine. Road vibration will loosen them. Common on every RV.

4. It happens, even in residential and commercial construction. Easy to swap around.

5. Common leak behind the awning channel or at a channel seam. Needs to be caulked.

6. THIS IS THE BIG DEAL! Have you checked the condition of the roof lap sealant? That's a yearly maintenance item. Good chance your leak is at a skylight or fan and just day lighting at the wall.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLFoster View Post
    Hello all,

R. Foster
    As @geotex1 states most of the items are fairly normal. The water leak can be a big issue. You need to do your roof maintenance at least once every 6 months per the owners manual to check all of the caulking. I usually check after each trip as well as when I arrive at my destination. All that shaking and rattliing down the road can cause problems and best to catch them early. The only time I can't check is during the winter when covered with snow.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada