User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious - Does your Imagine have a 12V compressor fridge? And a solar panel?
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know who you are asking but mine does not have either.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Curious - Does your Imagine have a 12V compressor fridge? And a solar panel?
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I don't know who you are asking but mine does not have either.
    Forum hint: Use the "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply") as I've done here. There won't be any confusion and the person you are addressing will get a notification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOMByrd View Post
    We're new to RVing so likely have some pretty dumb questions such as:

We recently picked up our 2021 Imagine. During orientation they stressed that it has to be level or the fridge will be damaged. I'd originally thought to run the fridge on propane while towing like a friend suggested but I'm pretty sure it won't remain level while being towed. So do I run the fridge or pack an icebox? Thank you.
    Rob @Second Chance is very correct, I always leave my fridge on propane while I travel. Never had an issue except one time in Wyoming while bucking 50 MPH winds - kept blowing the pilot light out (older model) I have been towing this way for probably 45 years. Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new 2021 Transcends have a solar panel on the roof. The fridge only runs off that panel or 110. It does not even have a LP connection for the fridge.
    I have towed a TT for 20+ years. I always run the fridge on LP while driving with no issues. Only once had to turn it off for a tunnel.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Running the fridge on propane while driving is a debatable topic. Regardless, I keep mine on, and after 4 years and around 17k miles there hasn't been an issue with my fridge due to keeping it on while towing. I think it has to be a significant off level to cause any damage. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We've pulled every trailer we've owned for the last 40 years (four, I think) with the fridge running on gas while traveling. Nothing to report... Caveat... DO NOT get anywhere near a gas pump with the open flame!!!!! Common sense trumps necessity.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How your RV refrigerator works

Quote Originally Posted by SLOMByrd View Post
    We're new to RVing so likely have some pretty dumb questions such as:

We recently picked up our 2021 Imagine. During orientation they stressed that it has to be level or the fridge will be damaged. I'd originally thought to run the fridge on propane while towing like a friend suggested but I'm pretty sure it won't remain level while being towed. So do I run the fridge or pack an icebox? Thank you.

Though very wordy, this is a good video on how your refrig works. When you are parked, leveling is necessary to allow the sodium chromate (rust inhibitor) to flow through the system properly. If not leveled, the rust inhibitor can pool, harden (over time) and create a blockage. I travel with my refrig running on propane. I think the rocking motion would help keep the rust inhibitor moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7X...ndex=18&t=545s

Happy camping!
    Dustin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run mine on the road all the time with no issues. Has to be pretty far off level to create a problem.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12