User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Please enlighten an ignorant Canadian. Without making it political, does Alabama have weaker labor / pension laws than other states?
    IANAL.

Alabama IS a right to work state, which means that union membership CANNOT be required as condition of employment. Pension laws are mostly at the federal level, although taxation of pension income can vary by state.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    That is very altruistic of you to think of them like that. Tiffin is based in Alabama which I don't think was by accident.
    Tiffin is based in Alabama because that's where Bob Tiffin lived and worked when he first started Tiffin Motorhomes. It was an outgrowth from a manufactured home industry. So maybe you can accidentally convenient.

My previous rig was a Tiffin and we've been to "camp Red Bay" a few (too) many times. They were/are? a family run business and give a real good background on how the company developed and grew (including VanLeigh RVs).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Tiffin is based in Alabama because that's where Bob Tiffin lived and worked when he first started Tiffin Motorhomes. It was an outgrowth from a manufactured home industry. So maybe you can accidentally convenient.

My previous rig was a Tiffin and we've been to "camp Red Bay" a few (too) many times. They were/are? a family run business and give a real good background on how the company developed and grew (including VanLeigh RVs).
    Larry - and not to get to far into the weeds, but you and other "Tiffin" folks know the family devotion, support, and dedication to Alabama football. Bob's son Van and grandson Leigh both were AL kickers. Folks can conduct some search to learn the deep AL roots.

By the way, I just saw a short video on RV Business between the "Bobs" from Tiffin and Thor talking about the history and future of the deal. Yea, that can all change and be taken with a grain of salt but Bob Tiffin is and will still be in the saddle for Tiffin. Bob Tiffin is the one who who has been looking for a buyer for sometime and approached Thor. At 78 his RV CEO days and family business days are winding down.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Larry - and not to get to far into the weeds, but you and other "Tiffin" folks know the family devotion, support, and dedication to Alabama football. Bob's son Van and grandson Leigh both were AL kickers. Folks can conduct some search to learn the deep AL roots.

By the way, I just saw a short video on RV Business between the "Bobs" from Tiffin and Thor talking about the history and future of the deal. Yea, that can all change and be taken with a grain of salt but Bob Tiffin is and will still be in the saddle for Tiffin. Bob Tiffin is the one who who has been looking for a buyer for sometime and approached Thor. At 78 his RV CEO days and family business days are winding down.

Dan
    haha.... that reminded me... the part about avid football fans....

We were at Red Bay one time and had some service scheduled for a Monday. I can't remember who AL played that weekend but it was a big match for them. My DW and I were sooooo happy when AL won; we knew everyone working on the coach would be in a much better mood.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiffin is located in Alabama because that is where the Tiffin family is from. Bob Tiffin started the business there in a small town and now is, by a huge margin, the largest employer in the area.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On average I'd take a Winnebago over a Thor.

Sad all these companies are getting gobbled up. We had a Dutch Star for 8 years and loved it. Had a DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta as well, didn't love that one quite as much due to issues but after watching Thor take them over and what that line has become I'm convinced they are a cancer on the industry.

I hate to say it, but the industry needs foreign competition. It has grown fat and incestuous.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12