User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just ordered my 2021.. i'm super disappointed to find this info out now.. and after reading the above manual seeing the manual light of the oven pilot is under the screwed down bottom plate. no real thought there for the rv'r who boon docks. (burners are at least easily manually lit).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciara_belle View Post
    i just ordered my 2021.. i'm super disappointed to find this info out now.. and after reading the above manual seeing the manual light of the oven pilot is under the screwed down bottom plate. no real thought there for the rv'r who boon docks. (burners are at least easily manually lit).
    If you have the Insignia, there isn't really a manual light option. Though I haven't tried the stovetop, the oven won't light manually. The manual clearly states to not attempt to light it manually. It requires the 110vac igniter. If you plan on boondocking, make sure you have a battery and inverter. On the plus side, the igniter takes very little current.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Here is a PDF of the manual.

Yes, it operates on 110V only. It IS on our inverter circuit in our 2021 310GK so we "could" use the oven while not on shore power.
    What an amazing site. I started out a 1/2 hour ago wondering what this oven is and now I have the manual in hand.
    We are thinking about replacing the Furrion oven in our 303rls. Haven't tried it yet but it looks like cooking anything significant is impossible.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazed at the issues the RV have with inferior ovens

I have a 35 ft sailboat which is 37 years old with the original force 10 propane oven. It’s also gimbaled. The only issues I’ve ever had are the thermocouple need replacing. I would suggest at looking at some of the boating ovens like Dickerson, Force 10, Wetabsco etc. the are also made from quality Stainless and will never rust.

Should I ever need to replace ours that’s the route I would go.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I've learned a few things about the Insignia range. It turns out that GD doesn't appear to support them directly. You need to go through Parker Industries for parts. I talked to a terrific guy at Parker (Todd) that gave me the skinny on warranty repairs. They're done through the Best Buy Geek Squad. Can you believe it?

Anyway, I'll post a followup when I can get on my laptop. They sent me a parts list, some troubleshooting and repair tips, and the link to use for service from Best Buy. I'll upload all of that, probably on it's own thread.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Update: I've learned a few things about the Insignia range. It turns out that GD doesn't appear to support them directly. You need to go through Parker Industries for parts. I talked to a terrific guy at Parker (Todd) that gave me the skinny on warranty repairs. They're done through the Best Buy Geek Squad. Can you believe it?

Anyway, I'll post a followup when I can get on my laptop. They sent me a parts list, some troubleshooting and repair tips, and the link to use for service from Best Buy. I'll upload all of that, probably on it's own thread.
    Chuck - thank you, for the update. Well isn't that interesting......Best Buy as many of us suspected with the "Insignia" branded appliances, TVs, etc for several years is apparently behind the oven too........at least for service using the Geek Squad anyway as you shared.

Guess, I will need to learn more about Parker Industries.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Insignia (NS-RNG2455) on our new 2021 GD382wb is not working as advertised. The upper burners work fine but the oven has problems. Sometimes the pilot light goes out when opening the door. On initial start we set the Temp to 350degrees and the oven goes to 500 deg. We're here in Fla and have to wait until March for the dealer to fix. Big PIA.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyork1944 View Post
    Our Insignia (NS-RNG2455) on our new 2021 GD382wb is not working as advertised. The upper burners work fine but the oven has problems. Sometimes the pilot light goes out when opening the door. On initial start we set the Temp to 350degrees and the oven goes to 500 deg. We're here in Fla and have to wait until March for the dealer to fix. Big PIA.
    It turns out that the fix for this is probably going to be a whole new range. That's what I learned after talking to the Geek Squad. Any GD warranty dealer should be able to do the swap. I'm not familiar with your coach, but on mine, the slide may need to be "hyper-extended" to remove the range. There isn't enough clearness between the slide and the island to get it out. If it weren't for this, I'd get a mobile tech out here.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Chuck - thank you, for the update. Well isn't that interesting......Best Buy as many of us suspected with the "Insignia" branded appliances, TVs, etc for several years is apparently behind the oven too........at least for service using the Geek Squad anyway as you shared.

Guess, I will need to learn more about Parker Industries.

Dan
    If you need a Parker Industries contact, try the following:

Todd Eash
    National Warranty Manager
    [email protected]

For the Geek Squad, I have a gentleman named Keith at 502.955.3800 ext. 5008

Both are great guys to deal with.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyork1944 View Post
    Our Insignia stove initially goes up to 450 degrees when set to 350. That's fine. When you open the door to put in your food or whatever you are going to lose some heat. After the initial 450 degrees it settles down to keeping the temperature about 20 degrees either side of 350. This was checked with a coil-spring thermometer and not a mercury thermometer.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast