User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave,
    To be truthful, I wanted a regular cover also but the DW wanted protection and ease of access. The garage is "big" (think high) and wasn't the easiest thing for one man to erect. I'm lucky that I have a spot to store at my house. I dread taking it down if we decide to move. Stick with the cover.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATCDave, I would like to offer up a different option. Rent a covered or enclosed storage space. I had a $700+ cover on my 2006 Alpenlite Voyager 34RL a few years back, warranted for 5 years, lasted two years due to the wind where I live. Ripped right down the middle front to back and it was tied down snugly. When I climbed on the rv roof to pull off a couple of small pieces of cover I found some seriously ground in dirt on the roof edges and scuffing to several areas of gelcoat. After that experience I found enclosed RV storage (with electric for keeping my batteries up). I seriously like having it in storage because of the reduced maintenance. My twice yearly waxing is now down to once/year. I don't have to worry about covering my tires or critters getting in or my graphics fading, the enclosure is cooler in summer and warmer in winter, when the rental storage staff pull my RV out they check my tire pressures, they have a wash and wax area if I choose to use it and if I'm feeling really lazy they have staff that will wax and detail the exterior for me. For me this works great keeping my 5th wheels exterior looking in new condition. Safe travels!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is our cover. We choose to keep our trailer on our property. Much higher convenience, safer, and I get to play whenever I want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201213_161630.jpg  
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    ATCDave, I would like to offer up a different option. Rent a covered or enclosed storage space. I had a $700+ cover on my 2006 Alpenlite Voyager 34RL a few years back, warranted for 5 years, lasted two years due to the wind where I live. Ripped right down the middle front to back and it was tied down snugly. When I climbed on the rv roof to pull off a couple of small pieces of cover I found some seriously ground in dirt on the roof edges and scuffing to several areas of gelcoat. After that experience I found enclosed RV storage (with electric for keeping my batteries up). I seriously like having it in storage because of the reduced maintenance. My twice yearly waxing is now down to once/year. I don't have to worry about covering my tires or critters getting in or my graphics fading, the enclosure is cooler in summer and warmer in winter, when the rental storage staff pull my RV out they check my tire pressures, they have a wash and wax area if I choose to use it and if I'm feeling really lazy they have staff that will wax and detail the exterior for me. For me this works great keeping my 5th wheels exterior looking in new condition. Safe travels!
    Hiya Zinman,

I've actually already looked into the indoor storage. I live in rural southwestern New Hampshire, and the nearest indoor RV storage facility I could find in about an hour away.

https://vaultmotorstorage.com/. Pretty expensive too!

I think that would take the fun out of packing in and out, and just be too inconvenient.

I have a local outside rv storage option about 3 min. away that is fenced in, locked and secure, but still accessible 24/7.

Appreciate your insights on your negative cover experience though. Definitely food for thought.

-Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We were strongly advise against using a cover. Apparently when the wind get into them they'll do more harm then good. They also don't breath as advertised. I just got a cover for the ac.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I'm in Phoenix and was told essentially the same thing... the wind will move the cover around and act like sandpaper. However, I've also heard that a high quality cover can be secured very snug and virtually eliminate that. Not sure I want to test it either way...
    Howard & Ellen

2018 RAM Rebel Hemi 27700 miles
    2018 Imagine 2600RB 10704 miles
    Equal-i-zer 14,000 hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very pleased with our carport. I bought one wide enough to allow the slides to be extended.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see the picture I posted of my trailer with the cover in place. I have been using covers for the past 10 years on two different rigs. If there is no other protection I do believe a cover is a good thing. I have never had damage to either of my rigs due to a cover.

I will say to do it right, it is a bit time consuming, and you do need to take measures to protect say the gutter drains in the corners and keep it tight enough to prevent movement, but not so tight that wind could damage the cover or the rig.

Definitely come caveats and diligence, but for us, it is worth it.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redapple63, its like everything else, do it right or it may not perform as expected. After I put mine on I went back a few days later and readjusted as the fabric stretched and settled in. Like i said before, we had over 60mph winds all day and not tears or damage.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Dave, my previous travel trailer was a Jayco and I had a cover for it. On windy days the cover inflates and deflates as the air is sucked out at the bottom so every time it would do this the cover would rub the roof edge of the trailer. Luckily I found out and stopped using the cover. I patched up three areas where the roof was worn out slightly. The damage could have been more if I wouldn’t have discovered it. Besides that to cover or uncover the trailer is a lot of work. This was my experience with my cover I hope this helps. Congrats on your Tundra and Imagine.
    Thanks,
    JB in South Texas
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2010 Ford Expedition

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Blanco View Post
    Hello Dave, my previous travel trailer was a Jayco and I had a cover for it. On windy days the cover inflates and deflates as the air is sucked out at the bottom so every time it would do this the cover would rub the roof edge of the trailer. Luckily I found out and stopped using the cover. I patched up three areas where the roof was worn out slightly. The damage could have been more if I wouldn’t have discovered it. Besides that to cover or uncover the trailer is a lot of work. This was my experience with my cover I hope this helps. Congrats on your Tundra and Imagine.
    Thanks,
    JB in South Texas
    With our first TT we thought about a cover. Stopped to chat with an independant RV repair shop and their response was it is not recomended and if we did cover they would be very happy to replace our roof after the cover damages it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast