User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    With our first TT we thought about a cover. Stopped to chat with an independant RV repair shop and their response was it is not recomended and if we did cover they would be very happy to replace our roof after the cover damages it.
    Hiya WhittleBurner,

I'm intrigued by this warning. I can see a cover damaging paint with rubbing and such, but I wonder how even an ill-fitting or loose cover could damage a camper roof?

Aren't most camper roofs either rubber or fiberglass?

-Dave

(a pic of the XLS 22MLE we're buying)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unit_photo_202012070428200573168783.jpg  

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hiya WhittleBurner,

I'm intrigued by this warning. I can see a cover damaging paint with rubbing and such, but I wonder how even an ill-fitting or loose cover could damage a camper roof?

Aren't most camper roofs either rubber or fiberglass?

-Dave

(a pic of the XLS 22MLE we're buying)
    I guess the same way it can damage paint, by rubbing on the same spot repeatedly over time. I may not do anything noticable the first season but over time I could see the possibility where damage could occur to the rubber roofs at friction points.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were warned of the wind damage and rubbing by multiple parties when I started looking into a cover for ours. We decided on only getting a cover for the ac and do a really good roof inspection prior to parking it for the winter.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hello All,

DW and I just picked up our new Toyota Tundra and will be purchasing a new Imagine XLS 22MLE in a few weeks.

I live in NH and will want to protect our new camper with a cover.

Any recommendations from you owners out there for a good commercial trailer cover?

-Thanks,
    Dave in NH
    I had a good cover on my previous trailer with straps that along with the regular straps, had additional straps that went over the top of the trailer to stop bellowing. Even with that, it still did some paint damage, particularly along the bottom trim.

I only use an air conditioner cover now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have covered 3 of the last 4 campers I've owned. I just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH last month and I covered it immediately with an ADCO All Climate + Wind Designer Tyvek RV Cover. It is a new and improved design compared to my last 2 ADCO covers. I've never had damage from the covers.

This one has straps that are imbedded in it horizontally along the top and bottom so you can tighten them around the camper. There is no billowing out from the wind now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201222_142300.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	31636

It also came with wheel covers.

The dealer let me park it in their back lot until Spring.
    Last edited by Hornsky; 01-18-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsky View Post
    I have covered 3 of the last 4 campers I've owned. I just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH last month and I covered it immediately with an ADCO All Climate + Wind Designer Tyvek RV Cover. It is a new and improved design compared to my last 2 ADCO covers. I've never had damage from the covers.

This one has straps that are imbedded in it horizontally along the top and bottom so you can tighten them around the camper. There is no billowing out from the wind now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201222_142300.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	31636

It also came with wheel covers.

The dealer let me park it in their back lot until Spring.
    Nice! I like the straps to take up slack in the cover. That looks like a nice cover set-up there, tires included.
    Good to hear that you haven't had any damage from the covers on any of your previous trailers.

-Dave

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234