User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furion was so low def, and the screen was so small. All I could tell, I could not tell if it was a semi or a pickup truck. Also the signal dropped frequently with the Furion, in the 200 miles I used it..
    Now, with an alternative system, I can tell what make of car is approaching, with a rock solid signal, that rarely drops out. I did not have the Furion long, I was disappointed. For me finding a alternative for $100 cheaper that upgraded the size of the screen from 4.3" to 7" SD to HD fits the bill of far superior. IMHO. Like I said I have never been impressed by any Furion products. Just do a search of Furion products on Amazon, if you can find a 3 star review your doing good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not saying that my choice is the best camera system on the market. What I am saying is we have choices and our not just locked into Furion system just because our rigs come with a $5 Furion housing. Do your own research, you will be surprised what is available. Safe Travels

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah now I understand TripleG, I only use my Furion to see the very back bumper/tire for backing into parking spots. It does not tilt high enough to let me see who is behind me more than about 10 feet. So for that purpose it was fine but yes overpriced. With my 2800BH it was worked good though (except for GD powering it all the time off the Thermostat wiring, which I still have to fix one day).

Don't get me started on the rest of Furrion's products like the awesome new oven that is in my 2018 2800BH, nice and huge door, blew my old Dometic in the Jayco away... until I opened the door... over HALF of the over is taken up with the gas piping etc. Almost like they expected you to manually light the pilot... but it has an igniter! Sheesh. Can barely do a cookie sheet in there lol.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Ah now I understand TripleG, I only use my Furion to see the very back bumper/tire for backing into parking spots. It does not tilt high enough to let me see who is behind me more than about 10 feet.
    I thought the same thing. When I installed it on a 2018 Reflection I tried to adjust the angle but it seemed fixed... maybe I didn't push it hard enough.

I recently moved the same camera to a Solitude. It adjusts easily.

However like you I'm most interested in backup vision. While driving, anything I can't see in my mirrors shouldn't be there!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    The Furion was so low def, and the screen was so small. All I could tell, I could not tell if it was a semi or a pickup truck. Also the signal dropped frequently with the Furion, in the 200 miles I used it..
    Now, with an alternative system, I can tell what make of car is approaching, with a rock solid signal, that rarely drops out. I did not have the Furion long, I was disappointed. For me finding a alternative for $100 cheaper that upgraded the size of the screen from 4.3" to 7" SD to HD fits the bill of far superior. IMHO. Like I said I have never been impressed by any Furion products. Just do a search of Furion products on Amazon, if you can find a 3 star review your doing good.
    I've been satisfied with the Furrion Observation. Furrion had another less expensive 4" model (it might have been called "Backup") which was notoriously bad on signal, and might have had a lower-quality picture too, but they don't appear to be selling it anymore. Signal on the Observation is rock-solid and the picture is crisp and colorful.

However, yes, expensive. Now that @Thorvald has raised the idea of the system with side cameras (which costs over $1,100 in Canada) I'll look at other options. Thx for the advice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    TripleG, I agree. I purchased the Furrion observation camera and am a bit dissapointed. I don't have issues with dropout but the picture quality is poor. It is of marginal help when backing. When the camera is tilted to give a good view for backing it is worthless for observing following traffic at highway speed. I have it tilted to give me a view of following traffic and rely upon the Supreme Commander to guide me when backing. I was hoping the camera would be more helpful in alleviating "backup apologies".

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 4" Furrion Observation camera does lose signal on occasion. I should probably trying changing channels.

As for the resolution, both the color fidelity and resolution are not the best. But it does what I need it to do. It tells me if there's someone behind me, and usually the wide field of view is enough to show cars off to either side in the back. I'm really glad I only paid $199 for the system. It's not worth much more than that.

For cars in my "blind spot", my correctly adjusted mirrors, blind spot indicators, and a good ol fashioned look over the shoulder, are enough to take care of that. Because my trailer is 34 ft long, I can tell the truck it is 33 ft long and trick the blind spot indicator system into working. No it's not 100% infallible. That's why I always look in the mirror and over the shoulder. With the 3 systems, I've never had an issue.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furion that I had was the observation camera, I did not spent much time playing with different channels or other settings. I just knew for $360 clams, i was not impressed. The one I have now the 4ucam, is by no means perfect. On bright sunny days it is hard to see the screen with sunglasses on, (I do have the optional sun visor for the monitor). I find in the same condition I can easily see my vehicles dash screen, I have played with the brightness and contrast but it is still difficult to see in bright sun, unless I drive without Sunglasses. On cloudy days/low light it is awesome, I can easily tell if some one is approaching either side and if there driving a honda or a ford. I can even tell truck lines sometimes Like Yellow Freight etc. I did have to play around with their mount. I found by using 1 screw per side instead of 2, I could get more tilt for a better view down the road. For backing up I am blind for about 6 feet in. I walk site down first then back in using camera, If I can see it I am not going hit it, Like a hose bib. Once it drops to bottom of screen I might have to pop out once or twice for fine adjustment. I also have The Ford Full tow mirrors and like my set up. Tadibrothers also has some great choices including rear view mirror mounts, 11" screens etc. The also have recording capability but last year they did not offer Furion adapter. I think they started in the spring. There is also others, everything I have seen has better features at a much lower cost. Safe Travels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12