Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Receiver

The receiver is an R22-200 and only one TV. The receiver predates HD so I guess I'll need to upgrade. The neighbor's dish has the SWM label on it so I don't know if it will work with my receiver. Neighbor says he also has an older dish that I can have if this one doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    The single wire output should be the SWM dish. You will need a power inserter for the LNB on the dish and the correct splitter if using more than one receiver. If you have just the one receiver, you won't need a splitter. You say you don't have HD. Which receiver are you using? Should be a model number sticker on it somewhere.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    The receiver is an R22-200 and only one TV. The receiver predates HD so I guess I'll need to upgrade. The neighbor's dish has the SWM label on it so I don't know if it will work with my receiver. Neighbor says he also has an older dish that I can have if this one doesn't work.
    Don't believe that SWM dish is going to work with that old receiver. You can get a new basic HD receiver from Solid Signal for a good price. Direct has little standard definition programming now anyway. Also, you will need to contact Direct TV or activate any new receiver and they will charge a bit more for HD, at least they used to. If you wish to be able to record programs, consider getting a HD-DVR receiver like the HR44 or HR54.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually still using an older HR-24 High Def DVR in my LR area and a regular H24 for the outside TV (Just use the antenna in BR and Garage as they are rarely turned on) rather than the Genie. I was told when I purchased the receivers several years ago I couldn't have more than one Genie on my account and do have one at home. May be different now, haven't checked in a while now. I've had great luck with the two I have. I also installed the Winegard Trav'ler Automatic HD dish on top the rig back when I first purchased it. It is so nice to not have to point a dish manually anymore. I was always able to get it done, but it was more difficult getting the HD dish dialed in just right. I did purchase one of the meters the installers use from a guy that was getting out of the install business and it made life easier, but still not as easy as pushing a button and walking away.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call direct tv tell them you want the new "genie"...that uses 1 wire and you xzn watch or record 5 channels at once...you will have the swim system installed which allow 5 signals to go through one wire..at present you xan only watch or record 2 channels...hence the two wires..you will love the genie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the easy way out

After talking to DirecTV for the better part of an hour, I decided that it would much cheaper and quicker to just switch. Dish will be out Sunday morning to install a new HD dish, Hopper Duo receiver, voice remote and a guaranteed 2 year price freeze. DirecTV would have required a dish and receiver upgrade, accessory to connect to the house network and was just not worth the hassle. The channel line up is pretty much the same and Dish is cheaper.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12