User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 Sync 3 screen goes black.

This strange thing happened yesterday to my 2018 F350. I had just pumped gas and turned truck on, the screen is black. There is no way to show anything on it even by connecting my iPhone to the USB port.

Here is the trick I found to reboot the screen:

Press volume button and forward arrow (next to media button) at same time for 10 seconds. It reboots the screen and all is well.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be taking the truck back to the dealership for service on the electronics.

You can go onto some of the Ford Truck owner websites and they address such issues.

I have the sound on my Explorer's radio not go on from time to time. I think in my case, it's a sticky relay not popping out. Such a car might have a couple dozen identical relays for every electrical function imaginable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    This strange thing happened yesterday to my 2018 F350. I had just pumped gas and turned truck on, the screen is black. There is no way to show anything on it even by connecting my iPhone to the USB port.

Here is the trick I found to reboot the screen:

Press volume button and forward arrow (next to media button) at same time for 10 seconds. It reboots the screen and all is well.

Hope this helps someone else.
    On my previous 2016 F150 I had a similar issue, where the sync display would not come and none of the dash display came on, and the turn signals would not work, this happened a few times but if I left it sit it corrected itself. Then I took to the dealer and they said the Instrument Cluster plug had some corrosion so they cleaned up and put some Dielectric grease on it, then it worked fine.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I'd be taking the truck back to the dealership for service on the electronics.

You can go onto some of the Ford Truck owner websites and they address such issues.

I have the sound on my Explorer's radio not go on from time to time. I think in my case, it's a sticky relay not popping out. Such a car might have a couple dozen identical relays for every electrical function imaginable.
    My summer trip this year had me stop at THREE Ford dealerships. I already have a case number for my electrical issue. My F350 is an XL plain truck with only the fancy sync 3 and blind spot indicator. While on the trip and if the right blinker was on, or if I stopped and had a vehicle pass me and set off Blind spot indicator, I would get a message, blind spot fault and the scary...trailer disconnected.

I thought it was something to do with the tail light and maybe water got into it. Every dealer did the same thing, clear the codes and reset system. I went to deleting the stored trailer settings and also got rid of blind spot when hooked up.

The last dealer in Arkansas fixed it somehow so now I am really paranoid because I am almost at 35k miles. But do have it recorded with Ford as having issues before warranty expires.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel