User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    It's the best way to increase torsional rigidity for an I beam. Almost like boxing an open C channel. Wish Lippert would do the same.
    I just took a picture of what Lippert did for my 303 above hangers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 518195CC-FCF5-4978-8D5D-B75073A2F427.jpg  
    Last edited by Beachcamper; 12-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    I just took a picture of what Lippert did for my 303 above hangers.
    Did they put the extra plate on the inside also?

Monty
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_141134_HDR.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	23959
    This is how I fixed the spring hanger issue, With 3 inch channel....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_141040_HDR.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	23960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_141145_HDR.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	23961
    Last edited by phonemannn; 12-23-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    Did they put the extra plate on the inside also?

Monty
    I can’t see if they did because I would have to remove coroplast. It was stock on my 303 which is a 2018 unit.

Vivian
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I have a 2015 303RLS. We just returned home from a 10 camping trip and noticed the left (drivers) side of the camper riding a bit lower than usual. looking under between the tires, I discovered the rear spring hanger was broken and the springs are now jammed up against the frame. I'd like to think I can repair this myself where she sits but I'm not sure. Is this a job the average handyman can do? Where do I find the hangers and can I install ones a bit more stout than the original ones. Since I'm going the repair the ones than broke - at the hole you will notice, I'd like to replace all of them and feel better about my next camping trip. I have other photos if you need them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1228191723_resized.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	24058

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRon View Post
    Guys, I have a 2015 303RLS. We just returned home from a 10 camping trip and noticed the left (drivers) side of the camper riding a bit lower than usual. looking under between the tires, I discovered the rear spring hanger was broken and the springs are now jammed up against the frame. I'd like to think I can repair this myself where she sits but I'm not sure. Is this a job the average handyman can do? Where do I find the hangers and can I install ones a bit more stout than the original ones. Since I'm going the repair the ones than broke - at the hole you will notice, I'd like to replace all of them and feel better about my next camping trip. I have other photos if you need them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1228191723_resized.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	24058
    I contacted Lippert and they helped me out with part sizes and I was able to get the right size hanger for my 2018 and bolt size. Since my bolt sheared off, spring eye was damaged so had to also replace the spring too. They will need your VIN and a picture of a decal on your pin that lets them know what frame number it is as in picture attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66A5987F-88C6-4CED-BD50-F6859C2E76D4.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	24060

You will have to remove the old hanger and weld a new one, don’t know if you have the ability to do so. See if Lippert will help with the cost of having that done.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. Where is the decal for the pin? I see a patent pending decal and a 5200 # on the mid point of the axle but not sure of a PIN decal. I will contact Lippert for replacement hangers but none of this requires welding - that I can see. These are bolt on hangers for the mid point of the two springs. What's to weld? I am just wondering if I can jack up the side of the RV at the frame, remove the wheels and replace each one of the hangers at the midpoint of the springs. Sounds simple but there's always a missing - aha moment! I'd like to figure that one out ahead of time.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRon View Post
    Thanks for the response. Where is the decal for the pin? I see a patent pending decal and a 5200 # on the mid point of the axle but not sure of a PIN decal. I will contact Lippert for replacement hangers but none of this requires welding - that I can see. These are bolt on hangers for the mid point of the two springs. What's to weld? I am just wondering if I can jack up the side of the RV at the frame, remove the wheels and replace each one of the hangers at the midpoint of the springs. Sounds simple but there's always a missing - aha moment! I'd like to figure that one out ahead of time.
    That's the shackle that broke. If it were me, I'd replace all the shackles with Morryde. They're far beefier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry, thought it was hanger but in fact it is shackle that broke. You can either use MorRyde or Lippert shackles it’s their equalizer but as mentioned, MorRyde is beefier.The decal is on the pin box not the axle or could be on frame between door and overhang. Mine was on the pin box.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll gather up that information and call MORryde for some replacement hangers. I'm still thinking of doing this myself. I'll post a photo or two as I go along. Thanks for your help on this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast