Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Solitude 310gk design flaws

Just got our new Solitude 4 days before stay at home orders. I have two issues that I don't know how to resolve.
    First, the 55 inch TLC TV used an infrared remote. When the TV is raised the infrared sensor on the TV to too low for the remote to control it. You have to hold the remote over your head to control the TV.
    Second, The satellite terminal is in the cabinet above the TV and there does not seem to be a way to connect a satellite receiver in the cabinet to the TV without a hdmi cable hanging out of the front of the cabinet

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... the TCL TV in our 2020 310 is only a 50 inch. I don't think a 55 inch would fit in that cabinet. At any rate, I loosened the mounting screws (#2 square driver) where the TV mounting plate is fastened to the trolley on the televator and raised the TV as high as it would go on the televator while still allowing me to get to the switch with the TV in the up position. When I replace the TCL (which I will), I'm going to put in a slightly smaller Samsung. Who needs a 50" TV in that small space, anyway?

There is a cable race down the back corner of the entertainment center. You can access it at the top by removing the built-in stereo/DVD player. It wasn't easy, but I fed/fished a long HDMI cable down the race and out the hole behind the TV where the coax cable comes out. I used the HDMI cable from back of the Furrion unit to connect my DVD player to the TV (I don't use the Furrion unit for anything at all).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Solitude 310gk design flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Hmmm... the TCL TV in our 2020 310 is only a 50 inch. I don't think a 55 inch would fit in that cabinet. At any rate, I loosened the mounting screws (#2 square driver) where the TV mounting plate is fastened to the trolley on the televator and raised the TV as high as it would go on the televator while still allowing me to get to the switch with the TV in the up position. When I replace the TCL (which I will), I'm going to put in a slightly smaller Samsung. Who needs a 50" TV in that small space, anyway?

There is a cable race down the back corner of the entertainment center. You can access it at the top by removing the built-in stereo/DVD player. It wasn't easy, but I fed/fished a long HDMI cable down the race and out the hole behind the TV where the coax cable comes out. I used the HDMI cable from back of the Furrion unit to connect my DVD player to the TV (I don't use the Furrion unit for anything at all).

Rob
    I was wrong the TV is a 50 inch. They should have put the switch on the side. Were you able to get the TV high enough to comfortable work the remote? I'll try that and if it doesn't work I guess I'll try hooking up an IR extender

My unit does not have the DVD player. It has a Rockford Fosgate PMX-1(which I haven't quite figured out). I attached a photo. The the floor of the cabinet above the PMX-1 does not want to come out. The trim boards in the back and left side are screwed in and can be loosened but the other ones can't. I guess I can try taking out the PMX-1 but it isn't going to be a very big hole to work through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-05-11 07.49.44.jpg  
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmithrr View Post
    I was wrong the TV is a 50 inch. They should have put the switch on the side. Were you able to get the TV high enough to comfortable work the remote? I'll try that and if it doesn't work I guess I'll try hooking up an IR extender

My unit does not have the DVD player. It has a Rockford Fosgate PMX-1(which I haven't quite figured out). I attached a photo. The the floor of the cabinet above the PMX-1 does not want to come out. The trim boards in the back and left side are screwed in and can be loosened but the other ones can't. I guess I can try taking out the PMX-1 but it isn't going to be a very big hole to work through.
    As for the height of the TV, it's a compromise. It's more difficult to get to the switch at the top and I still have to hold the remote up a bit - but it works. We use a Logitech universal remote that controls everything, so I only have to do the reach thing when turning things on. After that, the satellite receiver, sound bar, etc., are no problem.

As for the cable race, through the opening for the audio unit is the only way I know of to get to it. If I had the tools and a good back, I could probably have removed that box... but I don't have those things.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I *moved* the switch to the left side; not a huge job as long as you don't hope to invisibly repair the hole left at the original switch location. The bottom of the cabinet is "double-walled" with plenty of space between the panels to easily run wires over to the side.

I also raised the TV on the lift as @Second Chance has advised. Now I raise the TV right to the bottom of the cabinet, touching it.

The changes very significantly improve operation with the remote but it still misses sometimes. A fair number of people here have employed an IR extender.

Regarding routing another HDMI cable through the chase in the corner of the slide, it's a challenge and a half as @Second Chance has said. I gave up trying and instead bought a small HDMI switcher. I can plug three HDMI devices into its three inputs and select any one of them to watch, and I connected the already installed factory HDMI cable to its one output so it carries the selected input signal down to the TV.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I *moved* the switch to the left side; not a huge job as long as you don't hope to invisibly repair the hole left at the original switch location. The bottom of the cabinet is "double-walled" with plenty of space between the panels to easily run wires over to the side.

I also raised the TV on the lift as @Second Chance has advised. Now I raise the TV right to the bottom of the cabinet, touching it.

The changes very significantly improve operation with the remote but it still misses sometimes. A fair number of people here have employed an IR extender.

Regarding routing another HDMI cable through the chase in the corner of the slide, it's a challenge and a half as @Second Chance has said. I gave up trying and instead bought a small HDMI switcher. I can plug three HDMI devices into its three inputs and select any one of them to watch, and I connected the already installed factory HDMI cable to its one output so it carries the selected input signal down to the TV.
    I'll try the combination of an IR extender and raising the TV.

Unfortunately there is no factory installed hdmi cable. That's my biggest gripe. They did away with the dvd and put in the PMX-1 which uses audio cabling.
    Greg
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Were you able to get the TV high enough to comfortable work the remote? I'll try that and if it doesn't work I guess I'll try hooking up an IR extender

I've found that I can bounce the remote signal off the ceiling to change the channels.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try the combination of an IR extender and raising the TV.

Greg
    With the IR extender, I didn't need to raise the TV. Only issue is making the extender "pretty."

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a trim ring around the Fosgate just pry it off carefully with a small screwdriver and under the trim ring is 4 screws holding the Fosgate in. Carefully pull the Fosgate out there are many wires hooked up to it. The hole is large enough to put your hand in. You will see a hole going to the cable race. I was able to snake a HDMI cable down to the other hole behind the fireplace. I had to remove the 110V outlet behind the fireplace because it was blocking the cable race. I ran only 1 HDMI cable and an A-B switch so I can use either my Wally of my Blu-Ray disc player.
    While on the subject, is there a sub woofer in the 310?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some of things I did.....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lled-Sound-Bar

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hlight=emitter
    I've since relocated the receiver eye to the front panel of the fireplace.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...V-Riser-Switch

I ran an HDMI cable from the radio "closet" down to the rear of the TV cabinet. I had to loosen the 2 outlet boxes in the TV cabinet hole to get better access. It wasn't easy, but it can be done.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods