User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith1976 View Post
    We just picked up our 2021 2970RL 3 weeks ago. MSRP was $61,995 and we got it for $43,995 plus taxes in Canada

Shopped around after and saw 2020’s going for $46-48k. So we think we got a good deal.
    Thanks for the info we actually did go to that dealership but never got down to the deal. He gave me a price however it was not even near that deduction. So it's great to know they will negotiate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVLIN View Post
    So the "COVID demand" for RV's is truly a real thing. It's almost impossible to look at a new Imagine 2600RB here in Texas, because they're being sold/diverted as soon as they're shipped (don't look at dealers' websites showing availability; they're not really there). We have found a unit to look at (150 miles away) but all this has got me to thinking; if demand is really exceeding supply as badly as it seems, what's that doing to the ability to negotiate price down from MSRP?

So, for all those of you who have bought a new Grand Design within the last three months or so, how much were you able to bargain below MSRP at the dealer?
    Under conditions OTHER than Covid it is common to get 30% off of MSRP. I don't have any experience regarding buying during the pandemic. Good Luck though.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just ordered our 2021 31G today. $49,720 all in including freight and weight distribution hitch. Right at 25% off the MSRP. I have 2 dealers in my area and the other one wanted thousands more.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see two separate threads running with close to the same subjects so i am going to post my question here also. A question for those that are saying 25-30% off msrp. I see Grand Design has a msrp under the build and price but the dealer i went to has a much higher msrp listed. Are you all saying 25-30% off the Grand Design msrp or the dealer msrp? I was thinking something in between but after reading some of the threads that may not be low enough. Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    I see two separate threads running with close to the same subjects so i am going to post my question here also. A question for those that are saying 25-30% off msrp. I see Grand Design has a msrp under the build and price but the dealer i went to has a much higher msrp listed. Are you all saying 25-30% off the Grand Design msrp or the dealer msrp? I was thinking something in between but after reading some of the threads that may not be low enough. Thanks for any advice.
    25 to 30% off GD MSRP. Since we know that MSRP is “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price”. How is it possible for the Dealer/Retailer to set their own “MSRP” when THEY are NOT the manufacturer? Well, you guessed it - that make up their own.
    I guess there is no law from preventing them from doing so. 😩. Buyer beware!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to GD's site for any particular trailer there is a build a price. Click on that and it will tell you what the MSRP is. If the dealer tries to tell you something different show that to them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    Our dealer was spot on the GD MSRP plus freight. Got the discount from there. I will say that I had printed out the build sheet from the GD website and took it with me to the dealer when we ordered the trailer.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Our dealer was spot on the GD MSRP plus freight. Got the discount from there. I will say that I had printed out the build sheet from the GD website and took it with me to the dealer when we ordered the trailer.
    I'm getting a quote right now on a 22MLE that is about 10% off MSRP. These are relatively hard to find units in our area and that's after talking to three dealers! The upside is I was able to sell my 2017 2950RL in two days at my full asking price, which was $12.5K higher than the trade I was offered. So it makes the higher price of the new one a bit easier to swallow. It is a nutty world out there right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123