User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The patio railing takes up 5", if you have the 3 season doors you loose a total of 8"
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this thread! We are also looking at the 353G as a future trailer. Liking moving to a 25G for the moment due to cost (our new truck was the price of my house when new!).

Glad to see the pin weight is manageable with it, we have 3700 lbs available by sticker on our SRW and now that I know we can't travel with water in tanks, no need to ever bring it up to GVWR. So I'm not worried about cargo capacity. Planning same as you, BMW R1200RT motorcycle and maybe bikes/kayaks in the back.

Did you get new weight with the trailer loaded up with bike, bikes, cargo, etc?

--

I was very disheartened to hear about the following:

"Very disappointed with the 3 season patio doors. They are not weather or bug tight. I would not order them again knowing what I know now. I would get a retractable screen. They also don't tell you that you are not supposed to leave the ramp down in rainy weather. It gets waterlogged...."

I would have expected the ramp to be totally capable of being left in the rain with the patio out and the three-season doors to at least keep the rain out. Bugs can be tricky but if they can let mosquitos in, that would be a killer in the summer up here. I'll pay close attention to this next time we are out trailer-window-shopping and see if there are ways to seal it up better.

When it becomes waterlogged is it toast? Or can you just wait till it dries out?

I'll check with other Mfgs (raptor etc) and see if their ramps can be left out. Guess they should have used Azdel for the construction of the ramp.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the utube series “Changing Lanes” . They have been living in Momentum for two years. Lots of good info and places to go. They did a segment on resealing the ramp door.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Son of a gun... I watch them RELIGIOUSLY and I missed that video (how, no idea?)... thanks for that! Their blog is also awesome.

Now to figure out the patio doors. Chad and Tara have the old Gen 1 doors (plastic) but the 353G and others should have the new Gen 2 glass doors. So I'm hoping it's easier to seal those but will have to google.

Even if we start with the 25G before moving to the 353G, we still will get the patio and three season Gen 2 doors so any info helps!
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not used the patio doors much but did have ramp open last weekend and one of the doors is binding on top and is difficult to move. But since we are taking it in for warranty work I will have them look at it.
    Other warranty work..both kitchen windows leak. I don’t understand way this happens. Did the guy who installed those two windows do a poor job? The fix is caulk the outside frame. So why is that necessary now after delivery and not at factory? Isn’t there a seal in the window. Just wondering. Also the front caps on awning came off. Dealer said that is a common problem which is why caps on backorder for months. Also toilet flush valve leaking. That is a first for me in four campers. But we really like the 353G. LOVE the versatility of the garage and the large kitchen /living space. Just for the record, anybody interested in buying my 2011 Victory Kingpin..picking up my new Indian Springfield Friday!
    Cheers everybody

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgot to ask, how is the Reese Goosebox? I assume you have the Gen 2 unit, 16k? I’m pretty much sold on this as well since I would keep my full pickup bed when not towing and all the reviews I’ve watched and read rave about this thing (though losing more space when hooked up but I’m fine on that, 353G will be close to our max pin weight anyways, less junk in the trunk is a good thing lol!).

Which height of gooseball did you end up with to get good bed clearance?

Did you need an offset ball for tight corners?

Thanks!
    Tim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Goosebox

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Forgot to ask, how is the Reese Goosebox? I assume you have the Gen 2 unit, 16k? IÂ’m pretty much sold on this as well since I would keep my full pickup bed when not towing and all the reviews IÂ’ve watched and read rave about this thing (though losing more space when hooked up but IÂ’m fine on that, 353G will be close to our max pin weight anyways, less junk in the trunk is a good thing lol!).

Which height of gooseball did you end up with to get good bed clearance?

Did you need an offset ball for tight corners?

Thanks!
    Tim

I have a 2018 Ram 3500 SRW with the OEM Puck system and the 20K Goosebox for two years. I had it on a 337 ( 14000GW) but the 353 is 16800 GW ) I mounted the Goosebox as high as possible on the 353G for following reasons it ...The RAM bed sides are taller than other brands trucks and the older RAM trucks. I also put a roll up Tonneau cover on truck. The Tonneau rails are at least an inch higher and inside bed which means less clearance for Goosebox and I did hit the Tonneau rails. I cut the Tonneau rails in half and remove rear half when towing. So I have bed clearance and just enough cab clearance also but not any to spare..beware of sharp turns on slope!
    The trailer rides a little high in front but not enough for concern at least for me
    I purchased a Curt ball and chain mounting kit which is the standard 1 inch? height. If I had a do over I would get the B&W 2 inch and may get it anyway.
    .I could not find the 4 inch offset ball to fit RAM puck mounts. If I could get that it means a little more cab clearance. And if you or anybody knows of a4 inch offset ball that fits the RAM puck system let me know!
    The Goosebox provides a smooth tow and the truck bed is available when not to towing .

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Picking up my new 353 next week. Does anyone here have or know if the Furrion Marker light cameras are compatible?

TIA
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cclickva View Post
    Hi, Picking up my new 353 next week. Does anyone here have or know if the Furrion Marker light cameras are compatible?

TIA
    When did you order your 353? Im trying to figure out lag time for orders. We ordered ours Nov 21 and can’t get dealer to give us any updates.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t order it. I have been looking for the right RV for about 7 months. THey have them on lots in various areas. I am near Tampa and there is one on a lot here, but that dealer is greedy. I got a better deal even with having to ship it from another state than the local dealer would negotiate. Struck the deal last week, picking it up next week.

I am new to this forum, but if there are private messages send me one and I can shove you my sales persons info I think they have 2 more.
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast