User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Voltsafe Winter - Magnetic Block Heater Plug

(Previous post appears to not have worked, reposting. Mods can you please delete the other thread, it just comes up with a blank screen for me when I try to edit it).

Discovered this new device thanks to the RAM HD forum. It's made by a Canadian company and their website is www.voltsafe.com. They are starting to be sold in a few store chains in Canada and the USA

For those that do not know about this device, its a magnetically attached power cord for your block heater that is app enabled. If you (or your better half) forget to unplug the vehicle when leaving, no issue, it just pops off without dragging a cord down the highway. Also very easy to just "click" connect it at night without needing to get down under your license plate/bumper to find that blasted block heater cord.

My order arrived today, shipped out quick from the manufacturer even though they used Canada Post (regular mail, usually not a good idea for speed but good for costs). The App was recently updated so now it supports scheduling and appears to keep the schedule even after powering off (based on quick testing).

Unboxing and basic review video:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voltsafe_01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	31259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voltsafe_02.jpg 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	31260

One item that needs work is the cover, it's pretty loose and looks like it might flap around easily. Thankfully the magnet is on the vehicle mounting side so I'll just silicone or superglue a small ferrous nut inside the cover over the magnet and that should hold the cover closed at all times. Something I'll suggest to the manufacturer that they add. The power cord is about 10 feet long and contrary to what some of the info I heard from videos, it did not include an adapter for normal plugs. So you'll need to bring the cord with your if you need to plugin at your destination. I'll post up a YouTube unboxing later tonight.

Name:	Voltsafe_03.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	31261

Name:	Voltsafe_04.jpg 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	31262

Name:	Voltsafe_07.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	31263
    Last edited by Thorvald; 12-21-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Overall I'm impressed with the unit. The app appears to have been sorted out from earlier reviews and allows scheduling of the heating time.

Attachment 31264

Attachment 31265
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    (Previous post appears to not have worked, reposting. Mods can you please delete the other thread, it just comes up with a blank screen for me when I try to edit it).

Discovered this new device thanks to the RAM HD forum. It's made by a Canadian company and their website is www.voltsafe.com. They are starting to be sold in a few store chains in Canada and the USA

For those that do not know about this device, its a magnetically attached power cord for your block heater that is app enabled. If you (or your better half) forget to unplug the vehicle when leaving, no issue, it just pops off without dragging a cord down the highway. Also very easy to just "click" connect it at night without needing to get down under your license plate/bumper to find that blasted block heater cord.

My order arrived today, shipped out quick from the manufacturer even though they used Canada Post (regular mail, usually not a good idea for speed but good for costs). The App was recently updated so now it supports scheduling and appears to keep the schedule even after powering off (based on quick testing).

Name:	Voltsafe_01.jpg 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	31259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voltsafe_02.jpg 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	31260

One item that needs work is the cover, it's pretty loose and looks like it might flap around easily. Thankfully the magnet is on the vehicle mounting side so I'll just silicone or superglue a small ferrous nut inside the cover over the magnet and that should hold the cover closed at all times. Something I'll suggest to the manufacturer that they add. The power cord is about 10 feet long and contrary to what some of the info I heard from videos, it did not include an adapter for normal plugs. So you'll need to bring the cord with your if you need to plugin at your destination. I'll post up a YouTube unboxing later tonight.

Name:	Voltsafe_03.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	31261

Name:	Voltsafe_04.jpg 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	31262

Name:	Voltsafe_07.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	31263
    Hmm, zip tied to grill, that should last at least an hour before somebody absconds with it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Added my unboxing video and mounting.