User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference in Solitude 310GK and GK-R

We are planning to purchase a Solitude 310 and am wondering the difference in the GK and GK-R. I’m assuming the “R” is for residential and have noticed that the GK-R models have residential refrigerators, but are there other differences? Thanks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper61 View Post
    We are planning to purchase a Solitude 310 and am wondering the difference in the GK and GK-R. I’m assuming the “R” is for residential and have noticed that the GK-R models have residential refrigerators, but are there other differences? Thanks.
    My understanding is that the use of the residential 120V refrigerator in place of the absorption refrigerator is the only difference.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are planning to purchase a Solitude 310 and am wondering the difference in the GK and GK-R.
    Welcome to the forum! The Solitude 310GK-R has a residential fridge and a 1,000W inverter (to run the fridge on battery power). That's the only difference.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your reply. Have you had any experience dry camping with the residential refrigerator? We enjoy dry camping and would like to be able to dry camp 1-2 weeks at the time.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your reply. Have you had any experience dry camping with the residential refrigerator? We enjoy dry camping and would like to be able to dry camp 1-2 weeks at the time.
    If you plan to dry camp for 1-2 weeks at a time with a residential fridge, you will either need a large battery bank with a solar system to charge the batteries or a generator. We love our residential fridge enough that if we planned to boondock a lot, I'd add a serious solar system and more batteries. Most people wouldn't go to that expense and choose the RV fridge. It's more convenient for dry camping and there is no additional expense.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for your input. We are planning to get the factory solar panel and inverter system and the Onan generator. Sounds like we may need some additional batteries also if we go with the residential refrigerator.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. @Calbar and @bertschb have answered your question about the "R'" so I'll just throw in a couple of forum hints... When replying to a particular post, you can use "Reply With Quote" (next to Quote) as I have done here. That way everyone will know exactly to whom you are replying and that person will get a notification. You can also tag folks with the "@" symbol and their user name - as I have done here with Rob and Brian's user names. They will also get a notification that they've been mentioned. You'll get used to it.

We've been full-time in our 310GK-R since the end of February (4-1/2 years prior to that in a Reflection 337RLS). We are very happy with the 310. If you order one, I would recommend dual pane windows, as well... I think Brian would agree.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-26-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: correct a typo
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Welcome to the forum. @Calbar and @bertschb have answered your question about the "R'" so I'll just throw in a couple of forum hints... When replying to a particular post, you can use "Reply With Quote" (next to Quote) as I have done here. That way everyone will know exactly to whom you are replying and that person will get a notification. You can also tag folks with the "@" symbol and their user name - as I have done here with Rob and Brian's user names. They will also get a notification that they've been mentioned. You'll get used to it.

We've been full-time in our 310GK-R since the end of February (4-1/2 years prior to that in a Reflection 337RLS). We are very happy with the 310. If you order one, I would recommend dual pane windows, as well... I think Brian would agree.

Rob
    Thanks for the forum hints and recommendation. I’m sure I’ll get used to posting on the forum with a little experience!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 310gk-R since late june of 2020. We also got the 300 watt solar package with the upgrade of 2000 watt inverter which power the 110 volt receptacles. I would very much advise to get that package. We started with the 2 AGM batteries ratted at 75ah each which even with the solar helping for 4 to 6 hrs a day the refer didnt have enough power to run the 2nd night. We were of course using normal power stuff like lights and water pump, some furnace in the evening. When the voltage gets to low an alarm will sound (in the middle of the nite) until you turn off the inverter, in the basement. Switching to lithium batteries I believe will go a long way to solve this. search this forum for batteries or converters. Other than that we love the refer and would get it again. Cant wait to try these batteries, at least 2 maybe 3. BUT they are expensive at first, but pay for themselves over time.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 310-GK and we really like the refrigerator in our coach. We have had no problem with keeping the Absorption refrigerator cold enough to protect our food, even here in Florida.

Granted, you may not get Rock-Hard Ice Cream from the freezer, but you will be able to keep your food cold enough and your frozen foods frozen with the Propane refrigerator.

By-the-way, I don't like Rock-Hard Ice Cream!

If you like Boondocking, and you choose the Residential Refrigerator option, you should plan for a robust Solar setup (1,200 Watts or more) with at least 400 to 500 ah of Lithium Batteries. Otherwise, you will be running your Generator for several hours every day.

PS: The reason we have the Propane Fridge and our robust Solar system is because we like to Boondock, actually we prefer Boondocking.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast