User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in process of doing that same thing. Depends on how you use your coach and flexibility that you are looking for. A single battery in a 5th wheel or TT is criminally under designed and GD should be ashamed. That said, I'll talk about some options for a simple two battery solution. Messing with batteries is always the last thing I do so I quickly defaulted to AGM, not that I couldn't afford lithium but don't travel far from campgrounds without power. I want the flexibility to go without power for 3-4 days. If you stay with G27 size battery that matches your existing Interstate, install a battery box like this one and connect two 12V in parallel.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lavanture-Pro...666683&sr=8-93

A lot of smart guys on this forum convinced me that two 6v golf cart batteries were better than two 12V batteries because the lead plate thickness is double. I went with 2 6V golf cart batteries that are GC2 size and doesn't fit in the existing G27 box. I choose a NOCO battery box that fits two GC2 sized batteries (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It's easy to secure and I can fashion a vent using the existing equipment. I went with Crown AGM batteries because of the performance and because they are made in the USA. These aren't well known on the west coast but I like them. BatteryPlus carries these and are running a 10% discount so each cost me about $250.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bill,

Thanks for the input; very helpful. I like the dual 6V box. I can likely mount it in the same location as the existing box which avoids mods to the connections/cables

Thanks again

Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwise61910 View Post
    Hey Bill,

Thanks for the input; very helpful. I like the dual 6V box. I can likely mount it in the same location as the existing box which avoids mods to the connections/cables

Thanks again

Bob
    I pop riveted some sheet metal over the hole. I also use aluminum angle stock to bracket the battery box. The mounting holes on the plastic box looks nice but I don't know how solid they are if the 120# of batteries want to move.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123