Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving TV Bracket - 2018 315rlts

I am upgrading the TV in my 2018 315rlts from the TCL 40" HD to a 43" LG 4K Smart TV.

I removed the TCL (simply a matter of lifting it and the 2 parts of the mounting bracket separated). Moved the bracket to the new TV, but that required buying larger bolts at the hardware store.* Lowered the new TV on the bracket and voila - things don't line up! While the new TV fits in the opening, it sits about 3" too low. That's low enough that it blocks the drawer over the fire place, sticks out and looks terrible. So I have to move the mounting bracket up about 3"- 4" higher on the wall.

Does anyone know if the mounting support behind the panel goes up enough to move the bracket up 4"? I suppose that if worst comes to worst I can drill some small test holes to see where the back support is. They will be covered with the TV and only I will know they are there.

*For those that want to know: the TCL uses the 100 x 100 mount with M4 bolts. The LG uses the 200 x 200 with M6 bolts. The installed mounting bracket is large enough and is drilled for the larger pattern but the bolts were the wrong size. Glad the local ACE has metric fasteners.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 rlts and it is pretty much open behind the tv. There is a hole where the cables come out that you could peek through. I would think you would be ok to move out up 3 or so inches with no ill affect.

Good luck. Would love to see pictures. This is something we have been thinking of doing.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved the bracket up yesterday. Using a small drill bit, we determined that the backing does go up and so we moved the TV support bracket up 3 1/2". TV now clears the shelf above the fireplace and I can again open the drawer above the fireplace and the 2 cabinets next to the fireplace.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    I am upgrading the TV in my 2018 315rlts from the TCL 40" HD to a 43" LG 4K Smart TV.

I removed the TCL (simply a matter of lifting it and the 2 parts of the mounting bracket separated). Moved the bracket to the new TV, but that required buying larger bolts at the hardware store.* Lowered the new TV on the bracket and voila - things don't line up! While the new TV fits in the opening, it sits about 3" too low. That's low enough that it blocks the drawer over the fire place, sticks out and looks terrible. So I have to move the mounting bracket up about 3"- 4" higher on the wall.

Does anyone know if the mounting support behind the panel goes up enough to move the bracket up 4"? I suppose that if worst comes to worst I can drill some small test holes to see where the back support is. They will be covered with the TV and only I will know they are there.

*For those that want to know: the TCL uses the 100 x 100 mount with M4 bolts. The LG uses the 200 x 200 with M6 bolts. The installed mounting bracket is large enough and is drilled for the larger pattern but the bolts were the wrong size. Glad the local ACE has metric fasteners.
    Last year I got a Samsung LCD smart TV and ran into the same issues as you with the offset and mounting bolts. I got some 1" aluminum bracket to move the TV into the center of the opening.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.