User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Newbie here. Have had our rig since End of Nov but JUST got the brake controller installed on my Ram so we have yet to take it out of my driveway. Getting prepped for trip to Ft Wilderness in a few weeks. Wife is loving doing the decorating and “situating”.

I can’t get over all the extras I continue to have to buy for this thing. Probably $100 in Command Hooks alone.

I think Tom Hanks and Shelly long should film “Money Pit 2: The RV Years”.

Still loving the idea and can’t wait to take our first trip. Thanks for all the great tips and advice.

Stay safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there is a steady balance of spending for us. She gets the sleep number. I get the Garmin RV GPS. She gets washer dryer. I get an appointment for a vehicle alterer. She gets a all new pots and pans. I get an observation system. We can go on and on about spending. Does it really matter though? Everyone has standards some more elaborate then others the end result is comfort and convenience. You will be fine. somethings take time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RvReno View Post
    I suggest a 50-> 30 amp adaptor or vice versa depending on what your rig takes. I bet you cost of one that your gonna need it in the first year! If your going to do any boondocking, my Predator 3500 generator from Harbor Freight has been worth the $ and WAY cheaper thant the alternatives. The absolute best money I spent was Husky Centerline hitch to eliminate the white knuckle experience and Furion monitor, so I can see the idiots behind my rig as I drive.
    I only concentrate on the idiots in front of me.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I only concentrate on the idiots in front of me.
    Actually, the idiots on either side of you will probably do the most damage...
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Actually, the idiots on either side of you will probably do the most damage...
    Is true
    Don’t need a $450 camera on the rear to keep track of them. Our side mirrors can see the sides.
    Besides many of them have refreshes that are not showing real time.
    I already have a lot to monitor. Tire pressures etc. now for backing up....I can see their usefulness.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good read. Don't forget the most expensive upgrade is if you decide it isn't big enough and you trade up to a larger unit. There are many advantages to each size and yours is a good size for state and National Parks. Enjoy.
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tennessee. We haven’t even taken our first trip and are already talking about a fifth wheel “down the road” someday.

Assuming your name reflects your home state, let me know best places and times to visit the beautiful Volunteer State!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff and Maureen
    Jersey Born and Raised
    2021 Ram 1500 5.7L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Motorcycle Industry we would say, “buying the motorcycle is just the beginning”.

It’s the same for Boating and RVing, along with any other lifestyle activity.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would stay away in January and February but that is only because of the cold. It is beautiful in the east Tennessee mountains when it snows but I wouldn't recommend pulling a trailer then. Spring and fall seem to be the best times for the mountains. It can be humid in mid summer and August. Memphis in May is a good trip for the festivities. Lots of outdoor recreation in this great state.
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice list. A couple of other things I do not recall seeing are a couple of outdoor folding chairs !nd a small outdoor folding table. Also an outdoor front mat.

If the electrical panel of the Imagine has fuses, then pick up some spares.

Not sure what you plan for a hitch setup but consider a weight disribution anti sway system. Check the weight capacity shown on top of the ball to confirm it can handle the load.

As a side note, Champion has just come out with a new line of 4,500 watt enclosed inverter generators. The manual starts arrived last month. The first of the remote starts arrived in port and should be available soon. The dual fuel should hit this spring.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    Nice list. A couple of other things I do not recall seeing are a couple of outdoor folding chairs !nd a small outdoor folding table. Also an outdoor front mat.

If the electrical panel of the Imagine has fuses, then pick up some spares.

Not sure what you plan for a hitch setup but consider a weight disribution anti sway system. Check the weight capacity shown on top of the ball to confirm it can handle the load.

As a side note, Champion has just come out with a new line of 4,500 watt enclosed inverter generators. The manual starts arrived last month. The first of the remote starts arrived in port and should be available soon. The dual fuel should hit this spring.
    Good information about the Champion Generators. 4,500 Watts would definitely power an RV Air Conditioner (even while running on Propane).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast