User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkCat View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you go ahead and add a muffler? I'm considering doing this with my Champion 3500. Thanks!
    No, I have not got around to trying it. I haven't even ran my generator in months. Time to exercise it and re-decide if I need any action. So far have not camped anywhere there wasn't electricity other than one state park that had a power outage for a few hours. �� And of course the genny was at home. (and I think they may not allow them anyway)
    Terry, Patty, Sophie (Great Pyrenees) and Tessa (German Shep/Pyr Mix)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS
    2021 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.75' bed /6.7L Diesel/3.55 electronic locking axle

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS377 View Post
    “I'm not happy with how loud my Champion 3400 is”

That’s interesting. Just curious, have folks complained about the noise or is it more a personal preference?

We had a Honda 2k back in 2006 for our boat, which was very quiet. But nothing similar to the Campion wattage for comparison

I find that in Eco Mode I cant even really hear it beyond 30 ft or so. In standard mode it’s around 50’

Again I’m just curious
    My first Champion was loud but I was happy with the performance. I tried adding a second muffler to it to drop the noise. I brought it down some but after 20 hours, it stopped working. The small engine repair shop I took it to call after looking at it for a while. "Come pick it up, it works fine." The second muffler was packed with carbon and the exhaust pressure kept it from starting. I have my new duel fuel Champion mounted on my receiver. I can hear it in the living room but barely in the bedroom.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12