User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    The RV lifestyle is not for those on a tight budget! You will constantly be buying something for the RV from now until forever. Also, don't think of it as an investment because when the day comes that you want to sell out....you will lose your butt!
    I try to view it as an investment in my time and family. We always have a great time and make long lasting memories of RV trips. I wouldn't trade it.
    Just be glad it's not a boat, you know what a boat is don't you It's a hole in the water into which one throws money.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true. I’ve got a 35 ft sailboat and the RV is tame by comparison for cost. But the memories are priceless from both

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Ha. My wife is saying the same thing. I actually think I have been pretty rational. Here’s a list of stuff I bought. Anyone think I overdid it? What was dumb, what did I miss?

Sidewinder sewer hose support
    Camco dual flush for sewer hose
    “Y” connector for water hookup
    Pressure regulator
    90 degree elbow for water connection
    Water filters
    Tire inflator
    Plastic leveling blocks
    New shower head
    New toilet seat
    Tension shower rod (don’t like retractable screen)
    Laser thermometer
    Big ****** surge protector
    15A to 30A dog bone
    Lashing straps
    Wheel covers
    Fuses
    Reusable zip ties
    Toilet swivel stick
    Tire inflator
    Scissor wheel chocks
    Heavy rubber chocks
    TPMS pending final choice

And oh yeah, a 2021 Ram 1500!! LOL

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where's the new mattress? You'll need one of those likely. Welcome aboard!!
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Don't think of it as a money pit. Think of it as an investment!

We bought is with the plan to go full-time in about 18 months, do, we have put about $2K from Amazon, Lowe's, and Home Depot; $3.5K for disc brakes; eventually solar (probably $8-$13.5K)...

It'll be out home for several years, so we are treating it as such.

Look at it as your summer vacation home! You would have to do some personalization of a sticks-and-bricks summer home, so... Same thing! [emoji16]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    It's better to be honest with yourself and keep the investments/assets separate from debits/liabilities. These rarely make it to the asset column and when they do, they rarely increase YOY as one hopes your investments do.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Now that you mention it......I started to look into dual fuel generators. I don’t have a generator for my home so I’m thinking this could be a smart move for both RV and home use.

Anyone have recommendations? I see units from ~$500 to $1,000+++. We are empty nesters at home and on the road.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After we get home, I'm buying a 50 amp generator inlet box and this Westinghouse Dual Fuel genny
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1DLK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 07-31-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Just be glad it's not a boat, you know what a boat is don't you It's a hole in the water into which one throws money.
    We lived on this for 4 years in the '70s-'80s year round in NJ. How I spent every summer vacation!! Still, gave us our down payment on our first house as opposed to an apartment and some beautiful moonlight cruises out to Sandy Hook. Attachment 35797

Question for 310GK owners - do you store the inverter gen where the factory Onan would go during travel or keep it in the bed of the truck? My old bones aren't going to like moving 100lbs around much.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    We lived on this for 4 years in the '70s-'80s year round in NJ. How I spent every summer vacation!! Still, gave us our down payment on our first house as opposed to an apartment and some beautiful moonlight cruises out to Sandy Hook. Attachment 35797

Question for 310GK owners - do you store the inverter gen where the factory Onan would go during travel or keep it in the bed of the truck? My old bones aren't going to like moving 100lbs around much.
    We have a Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Generator and we keep it in the back of the truck along with a 20 lb Propane tank. When we need the Generator, we hook the Generator to the Propane tank and run the power cord (we have a 30 amp extension cord) to the truck and operate the generator in the bed of the truck.

One advantage to only using Propane in our Generator is that you don't have the extra weight of Gasoline inside the Generator.

I can't imagine lifting a Generator into the front hold, beneath the 5th Wheel overhang, bending over while lifting the Generator would have torn up my back even if I were 20 years younger.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a dual fuel Westinghouse 4500. Weighs 92 lbs. Has a handle and wheels ( back saver) . We have ramps in the bed of the truck. If it’s along term thing we bring it out of the bed.

If it’s a short term stay we roll to the edge of the bed I fashioned a flexible insulated connection to the exhaust to insure dissipation if I need it.
    Our generator starts with a remote.

Gas vs Propane. We have a quick disconnect extra tank behind the two 30 lbs ones. But really I use gas mostly as it’s more efficient and I can get 18 hours on a fill of 3 gallons. It will empty a 20 propane tank very quickly. But that being said if we just want to use it for short duration I use the propane.

We need no soft start and in fact with our 3000 watt Victron Inverter electrified all of our 110 outlets. Because we have 2 large 250 watt solar panels and lithium batteries the generator is mainly for the air conditioning.

It’s essentially made our old Honda 2200 useless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I have a dual fuel Westinghouse 4500. Weighs 92 lbs. Has a handle and wheels ( back saver) . We have ramps in the bed of the truck. If it’s along term thing we bring it out of the bed.

If it’s a short term stay we roll to the edge of the bed I fashioned a flexible insulated connection to the exhaust to insure dissipation if I need it.
    Our generator starts with a remote.

Gas vs Propane. We have a quick disconnect extra tank behind the two 30 lbs ones. But really I use gas mostly as it’s more efficient and I can get 18 hours on a fill of 3 gallons. It will empty a 20 propane tank very quickly. But that being said if we just want to use it for short duration I use the propane.

We need no soft start and in fact with our 3000 watt Victron Inverter electrified all of our 110 outlets. Because we have 2 large 250 watt solar panels and lithium batteries the generator is mainly for the air conditioning.

It’s essentially made our old Honda 2200 useless.
    My Champion 3400 rides on a carrier on the rear of my 310GK

No matter how much I tried I could not get that image right side up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0027.jpg  
    Last edited by Malco1; 08-01-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910