User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Height Problem on my Lippert Quick level control

The auto level works fine, but when I want to leave and hit the hitch height button the front jacks go to the correct height, but the rear and center jacks do not retract. I have to use my phone to manually retract the rear and side jacks. Hitch height worked properly when I first got the rig. What could have caused this problem?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malco - I presume this is during auto-retract mode. My experience is bad-hydraulic valve and probably not the passenger front, since auto-level is working. Since she's under warranty I would call LCI and I suspect there is valve that is not fully closed (since you have a newer rig). Happy to help collaborate on troubleshooting further.

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front of the trailer has to be above level or hitch height doesn't work.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Malco - I presume this is during auto-retract mode. My experience is bad-hydraulic valve and probably not the passenger front, since auto-level is working. Since she's under warranty I would call LCI and I suspect there is valve that is not fully closed (since you have a newer rig). Happy to help collaborate on troubleshooting further.

Best,
    Jeff
    The retract all works fine and the rear jacks work on manual also, but according to the instructions when you hit hitch height the rear and center jacks are supposed to retract.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    The front of the trailer has to be above level or hitch height doesn't work.
    It doesn't matter if even if the front is below the hitch height, the rig won't come to the hitch height, but the rear and center jacks are supposed to retract according to the Lippert instruction manual.
    There is no way to raise the rear jacks only on my keypad. It only has retract all.
    I called Lippert today and spoke to a tech, he couldn't solve the problem and said he would get back to me. So far I haven't heard anything from them.
    This seams to be a common problem on other websites, most of the people just give up and raise the rear jacks manually before hitting hitch height.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    It doesn't matter if even if the front is below the hitch height, the rig won't come to the hitch height, but the rear and center jacks are supposed to retract according to the Lippert instruction manual.
    There is no way to raise the rear jacks only on my keypad. It only has retract all.
    I called Lippert today and spoke to a tech, he couldn't solve the problem and said he would get back to me. So far I haven't heard anything from them.
    This seams to be a common problem on other websites, most of the people just give up and raise the rear jacks manually before hitting hitch height.
    Interested to hear what they say. My 344 doesn't retract the rear either. The instructions are bad. I have to raise the rear jacks manually (using the keypad), then click the left/right arrows together to raise to the unhitch height.
    Sounds like your control panel is different; however operates the same as mine when attempting to go to hitch height.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    Interested to hear what they say. My 344 doesn't retract the rear either. The instructions are bad. I have to raise the rear jacks manually (using the keypad), then click the left/right arrows together to raise to the unhitch height.
    Sounds like your control panel is different; however operates the same as mine when attempting to go to hitch height.
    I think that the keypad I have is the mini pad. It has no screen and you can only use manual from inside or the phone.
    Oh by the way I have not heard back from Lippert in 2 days now. It's a good thing I am not stuck in a campground or on the side of the road!
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the keypad I have is the mini pad. It has no screen and you can only use manual from inside or the phone.
    Oh by the way I have not heard back from Lippert in 2 days now. It's a good thing I am not stuck in a campground or on the side of the road!
    Well a 3rd day has come and gone Lippert= useless
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a 3rd day has come and gone Lippert= useless
    There have been times where I call LCI back so many times and so many days in a row that I get on a first name basis with the 2-3 techs I end up talking to. Not saying that's how it should work but I just keep calling back, log all that we discuss for the next convo (like troubleshooting steps, and results). Most recently we just ran out of options and they told me to get it in for service using GD warranty. That's when I tried one more thing (front passenger hyd valve, in my case) and it fixed all the other hyd issues. Ahhh, the joys of troubleshooting
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Malco1, Did this ever get resolved? Interesting to hear what they say.

To me, this is more of a programming issue than a HW failure. My system operates incorrectly in exactly the same incorrect way.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast