User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    can someone point me to a link where I can order the total kit for two propane tanks on my 5th wheel RV? I've looked at Amazon and the Mopeka website and am still confused on what to order.

I want to monitor both tanks via Bluetooth and wifi, and I want the aluminum feet... plus the correct Generation that actually works well.

Many thanks... anxious to being able to monitor my LP tanks
    Here is the Amazon link for the ones I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C5RQI74...43DNPG9AEGFAST
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone point me to a link where I can order the total kit for two propane tanks on my 5th wheel RV? I've looked at Amazon and the Mopeka website and am still confused on what to order.

I want to monitor both tanks via Bluetooth and wifi, and I want the aluminum feet... plus the correct Generation that actually works well.

Many thanks... anxious to being able to monitor my LP tanks
    On our 310 GK, the tanks sit on top of two metal struts, consequently, I did not feel the Aluminum feet would work very well so, I chose to purchase the whole rings for the bottom of the tanks (I think they call them halos).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Here is the Amazon link for the ones I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C5RQI74...43DNPG9AEGFAST
    Thanks for the link... but this is where I got confused (and still am confused)... it was mentioned that these are Mopeka products.. .when I look at your link, it says these are AP Company products....
    Can someone explain? I want to get the correct product that you all are using and that works... so is it Mopeka or is it AP Products?

Also, the link that was given says nothing about WiFi... but I think it was mentioned that it was also capable of wifi communication... ????

Many thanks!!! Appreciate the help!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link... but this is where I got confused (and still am confused)... it was mentioned that these are Mopeka products.. .when I look at your link, it says these are AP Company products....
    Can someone explain? I want to get the correct product that you all are using and that works... so is it Mopeka or is it AP Products?

Also, the link that was given says nothing about WiFi... but I think it was mentioned that it was also capable of wifi communication... ????

Same company.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, as Rob pointed out these are the same product same company. These are Bluetooth, there is no WiFi for 20/30/40lb tanks.

Good Luck,
    Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob and Bill... that helps.... a bunch... the AP was confusing...

Next question... does your LP tanks sit on a flat space in their RV housing, or are they "hung" over an opening in the bottom? Did you use any of their other items (collar or whatever) to ensure that they tank monitor wont just fall off out of the RV?

Sorry for all of the questions... I just want to make sure I do it correctly the first time...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next question... does your LP tanks sit on a flat space in their RV housing, or are they "hung" over an opening in the bottom? Did you use any of their other items (collar or whatever) to ensure that they tank monitor wont just fall off out of the RV?

Sorry for all of the questions... I just want to make sure I do it correctly the first time...
    For me, they sit on a flat surface, to the aluminum feet work fine. Have had them on my rig for over a rear and they are just fine.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two metal beams under each of my 30 lb. LP tanks with a gap in the middle, so the sensors would fall off during travel (I don't want to glue them on as I have spare tanks for the winter and switch them out). It's a checklist item for us to remove the sensors and put them in a drawer inside before hitting the road. I also don't keep them on the tanks except in the winter when we're using the furnace - no need.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks.... I've ordered the kit for two tanks...
    on my 337RLS, my tanks sit in a square metal tray with a solid bottom... so there is no issue with the sensors falling out.
    I will report back with how easy it was to install... should be fairly simple... unloosen the two metal straps on each tank, take the regulator off of the tank, pull the tanks out, clean the bottom, stick on the magnetic sensors, put the feet on the bottom of the tanks, put the tanks back into the tray and secure with the two metal straps on each tank, attach the regulators, sync the three items, mount the monitor gauge inside the RV...... done... fingers crossed...
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks.... I've ordered the kit for two tanks...
    on my 337RLS, my tanks sit in a square metal tray with a solid bottom... so there is no issue with the sensors falling out.
    I will report back with how easy it was to install... should be fairly simple... unloosen the two metal straps on each tank, take the regulator off of the tank, pull the tanks out, clean the bottom, stick on the magnetic sensors, put the feet on the bottom of the tanks, put the tanks back into the tray and secure with the two metal straps on each tank, attach the regulators, sync the three items, mount the monitor gauge inside the RV...... done... fingers crossed...
    There is a separate wifi gateway but I’m not sure how practical it is for a travel trailer. I use it at home and it does well.

Mopeka 024-3000 Tank Check Bluetooth Gateway/WiFi Bridge

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T7VRLBK...S2XGQKW3S4PH5V

Russ

Russ &Sheila
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab V8
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Russ & Sheila
    2022 Image XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ford F-150
    Auburn, GA

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast