User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a cleaner bed on my short bed, I went with the Titan 48 gallon fuel tank that replaces the OEM (32 gallon) one. If there is anything negative on it, it extends about 2" lower then the OEM, and my fuel gauge stays full until the fuel gets down to the original OEM size, then it shows correct info.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 36 gallon tank in the back of my truck. The fuel tank in the truck only hold 26 gallons. Although I rarely have trouble finding fuel on the highway, it’s like my insurance policy if I’m going through the mountains or through areas where gas stations are too tight to get in and out of. I did not go with gravity fed. I didn’t want to mess with cutting into the fill tube. I bought a 12 volt pump and fill it with that. Not the easiest solution and a bit of work, but I really like knowing I don’t have to worry about finding diesel at a gas station. Plus, diesel at Sam’s was $2.91 this morning. The TA truck stop is higher than that using my TSD card.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 36 gallon RDS auxiliary tank in the bed. I have a Roll-N-Lock cover so I had to keep it low enough to fit under that cover and in front of the hitch.

Then I geeked-out and installed a pump, an electric valve (solenoid) to cut the fuel flow off, and a circuit that is adjustable and when engaged and activated pumps 10 gallons and automatically shuts off.

Total fuel capacity is not 71 gallons but I never come close to going that far before refilling again.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a 45 gallon tank in my other truck (2000 F350 SRW 7.3L diesel) which has a 38 gallon tank giving me 1600 mile range when the truck is not towing. It is only 9.5 inches wide.
    This truck is retired from towing even though it has a mere 119k on the odo.
    The tank cost $600 and the manufacturer is RDS, DOT approved, etc.

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I put a 36 gallon tank in the back of my truck. The fuel tank in the truck only hold 26 gallons. Although I rarely have trouble finding fuel on the highway, it’s like my insurance policy if I’m going through the mountains or through areas where gas stations are too tight to get in and out of. I did not go with gravity fed. I didn’t want to mess with cutting into the fill tube. I bought a 12 volt pump and fill it with that. Not the easiest solution and a bit of work, but I really like knowing I don’t have to worry about finding diesel at a gas station. Plus, diesel at Sam’s was $2.91 this morning. The TA truck stop is higher than that using my TSD card.
    Thanks Dakota....lots to take in.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I put a 36 gallon RDS auxiliary tank in the bed. I have a Roll-N-Lock cover so I had to keep it low enough to fit under that cover and in front of the hitch.

Then I geeked-out and installed a pump, an electric valve (solenoid) to cut the fuel flow off, and a circuit that is adjustable and when engaged and activated pumps 10 gallons and automatically shuts off.

Total fuel capacity is not 71 gallons but I never come close to going that far before refilling again.
    Travel, thats MY problem, i geek out also on many things.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    I installed a 45 gallon tank in my other truck (2000 F350 SRW 7.3L diesel) which has a 38 gallon tank giving me 1600 mile range when the truck is not towing. It is only 9.5 inches wide.
    This truck is retired from towing even though it has a mere 119k on the odo.
    The tank cost $600 and the manufacturer is RDS, DOT approved, etc.

Thanks Sportsdad, i am overwhelmed by the input from people.
    Thanks for yours

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually on my second tank.....the one I posted about earlier in this thread. And the reason I'm on my Second Tank is because I wasn't smart enough/knowledgeable enough to know that you should never buy a steel tank for this purpose. My steel tank lasted less than five years because it started rusting inside the tank, which spells DEATH for a diesel engine if any of that stuff makes it's way into the fuel rails/injectors.

So, I'm going to repeat myself here and say again....BUY AN ALUMINUM TANK IF YOU DECIDE TO GET AN AUX. TANK FOR YOUR TRUCK. I like my RDS brand tank, but there are other brands out there to....just make 100% sure it is Aluminum, and not steel.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense, but an aluminum tank isn't necessary. I'm running my steel tank from Northern Tool, and it's on it's tenth year with no issues. I run a separate filter from the
    pump to the truck fuel tank, and change it periodically. But it's not been an issue.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I'm actually on my second tank.....the one I posted about earlier in this thread. And the reason I'm on my Second Tank is because I wasn't smart enough/knowledgeable enough to know that you should never buy a steel tank for this purpose. My steel tank lasted less than five years because it started rusting inside the tank, which spells DEATH for a diesel engine if any of that stuff makes it's way into the fuel rails/injectors.

So, I'm going to repeat myself here and say again....BUY AN ALUMINUM TANK IF YOU DECIDE TO GET AN AUX. TANK FOR YOUR TRUCK. I like my RDS brand tank, but there are other brands out there to....just make 100% sure it is Aluminum, and not steel.
    Or plastic like the factory fuel tanks in most trucks.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast