User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Quality Control

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Somehow this thread has morphed into many other topics. It's time to nudge you all to please stay on topic.
    In case you all forgot, the topic was on quality control...or lack of

Would a 30% forecast increase in deliveries (if true) or the use of an RV for a permanent stationary home vice extensive towing have a tangible impact on perceived quality (or lack of)? Guess that's where I was heading but didn't say so. In the latter case, I'm not sure how you could even measure build quality as the use cases are vastly different. That leads to a broader question of how does GD measure quality other than through their dual PDIs which seem to be somewhat deficient?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpisano View Post
    Not entire sure what your point is there to be honest. Independent of purchase price, four things will happen, as this accelerates exponentially over the next 24 months. While prices for new may not drop on paper, they will drop.

1. Dealers and 3rd parties will buy them, at great prices, make money money, depressing demand for new RVs from the OEm manufacturers.

2. Many dealers won't buy them back, as they try to get wholesale, and they will be sold on the secondary markets to other 3rd parties. That also will depress demand for new OEM RVs.

Directly in the article, manufacturers also commenting how demand is already slowing.

3. The massive GLUT of 3rd party for sale RVs will start depressing "dealership" sales, making it harder to get top dollar, pressuring prices.

4. Both manufacturers and dealers will be offering incentives to buy new inventory and to goose sales again. Prices will, if not fall, at least remain stable, but with massive dealer and manufacturer incentives, severely depressing "realized" prices by the consumer.

No doubt, the time to buy a "used" RV will be in the 24 months, as there will so many barely used models up for sale, you will be able to get a steal. All those steals will depress manufacturer and dealer demand.

Just this week, one of my colleagues dumped there 2020 Momentum 5th wheel for $12K less than what he purchased in June of 2020. Its only going to get worse.
    I dont understand with demand and prices at a all time high, why would you take a 12000 dollar loss, I dont think he is being honest with you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery of our 2021 model 2600RB in May and have not had any real issues with it yet. We've had it out 3 times for a total of about 1000 miles and have 2 more trips planned before winter. The only complaints I can think of, are not being able to upgrade from GD to get better tires (came with Westlakes), refrigerator door is hard to open (Dometic) and the entry door is/was super stiff. Regarding the frige, I will probably call Dometic and request a new latch. About the door, either the hinges are finally starting to loosen up or I'm getting stronger.

Our previous camper was a Prowler bunkhouse which we had owned for just over 23 years.

This camper is of better quality than our old Prowler. So far, we are happy with our unit.

John
    Last edited by 59 Apache; 09-22-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 21' XLS 22 RBE we bought in June last year in Texas. Our first RV of any type. After over 10,000 miles, we have been very pleased with the design and build of our unit. We did replace the stock Westlake tires with Goodyear Endurance after 8,000 miles.
    Pretty much the only significant issue we had was a bent front grey tank valve that stopped working about 3 states from home. I'd bet it was bent during delivery to the dealer. They should have caught the damage.
    Fortunately we were in Indiana, headed north, when we realized the valve had stuck closed. Called our Texas dealer who gave us a contact at GD customer service. Called GD, they were booked for service at the plant. GD had us stay at their small "campground" just outside the plant(Free). They set up an appointment for 9am at a local RV service (Allegiant RV Service - 5 stars!). We drove in, Allegiant replaced the valve and patched up the belly of our rig. No Charge. We were on the road by 10:15am.
    No regrets on our 2021 rig at all! Good luck.
    Paula & Mike *Retired and Loving It!
    Former Michiganders, now in Englewood, FL
    Imagine XLS 22RBE * GMC Yukon Denali
    Lenny the Wonderdog * 2 Bikes * 2 Kayaks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456