Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    This is a 6 point leveling system, Ground Control 3 as near as I can figure.

I pulled into my site, chocked the wheels, put my red round Andersen supports under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rest of the legs. Have about an inch to spare before the trailer nose has been raised and the truck unhitched. I then hit AutoLevel, the nose goes down all the way, but the motor continues to whine, and then get an Error.

Howard
    By what you're saying it sounds to me like you were trying to auto level with the truck still hitched up. You should never be using auto leveling with your tow vehicle still attached... use manual mode, raise the front end to clear your tow vehicle, pull vehicle away then hit auto level.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 09-23-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know that the sensors have much to do with it, as every time I check the level it's dead on. Seems like if the sensors were "off" the level would be too.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    By what you're saying it sounds to me like you were trying to auto level with the truck still hitched up. You should never be using auto leveling with your tow vehicle still attached... use manual mode, raise the front end to clear your tow vehicle, pull vehicle away then hit auto level.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the truck is always unhitched before starting autolevel.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the truck is always unhitched before starting autolevel.
    No problem, I read it several times and thought maybe I was reading it wrong. My 337RLS only has a 4 point auto leveling system so it operates a little different. When I unhitch and the RV is higher in the front it raises the RV too high all the way around because it doesn't first drop the front end to start the leveling system. It "grounds" the front landing pads slightly raising the rv while leveling side to side and the begins leveling the rear landing pads. Sometimes I need to manually lower the front end back down to a height lower than I disconnected from the truck and then begin the auto leveling procedure.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see much, if any, difference in the levelness of the site today, and the autolevel worked fine with the Andersen buckets. I guess I'll just have to keep at it until I can eyeball whether they will
    work or not.
    Howard and Peggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this thread saved a ton of trouble-shooting time and probably marriage therapy!
    We were in an upward slanting site this past weekend. As usual, slapped the Anderson buckets on the front landing gear before getting it off the hitch. All went well until auto-level time. I was plugged in to shore power, so no power faults, yet threw an error twice.

After a minute of looking and thinking, I remembered reading all the different reasons for faults in this thread and I could see the nose was still a hair high. So brought it back up to hitch height and pulled the TV back under, retracted all, pulled the buckets off and just put a few 2x6s down under the pads and, voila! Auto-level works with no faults, and no long trouble-shooting calls to Lippert on a late Friday afternoon, and DW able to get inside and turn the ACs on and start setting up.

GD forum saves another marriage!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Before messing with the calibration, make sure all of the sensors are properly attached. My rear sensor had the scews stripped, and wasn't attached to anything. Being free to flop around, calibrating would have been impossible.... In fact once I reattached it with rivets, it worked perfectly ever since. I never did calibrate it.... I think this may be the primary cause of units needing recalibration,,,, If the sensor moves in the underbelly, it will lose its calibration. I can think of no other reason why it should just "need" periodic calibration.
    Can you tell me where the sensors are located? I have my 2021 381M on flat concrete and it still won't level out correctly (lifts tires off the ground) when I do an auto level. Thanks.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Can you tell me where the sensors are located? I have my 2021 381M on flat concrete and it still won't level out correctly (lifts tires off the ground) when I do an auto level. Thanks.
    Not sure if it's the same, but my 2017 Momentum had one sensor on the ceiling of the front basement compartment and the other was on a plate welded to the frame just forward of the gas tanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have some more data to add: we stopped at a site today that sloped some from back to front, so the front was going to be higher than starting, when leveled. Put the red buckets under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rear ones, lowered the front legs to unhitch, unhitched, hit Autolevel, and the front legs never lowered the front, just raised it, and leveled. I thought the front legs always lowered the front before starting to level. Learn something new everyday.
    Howard and Peggy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Not sure if it's the same, but my 2017 Momentum had one sensor on the ceiling of the front basement compartment and the other was on a plate welded to the frame just forward of the gas tanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the help, I'll check to see if mine are the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast