User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    We have Two 30 Gal. tanks and we were informed from Bretz RV, where we purchased our trailer, Three days to be safe for boondocking. I have Honda generators to run a stand-up electric heater, instead of running the main heater. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
    Three days boondocking on (2) 20lb propane tanks is absolutely absurd! When I worked out of town and was living in my last TT for the months of Nov and Dec I would shower & wash any dishes every other day. I would keep the propane heat at 50 during the day and 70 at night with outside temps in the upper 20's at night and no more than 40 during the day. Fridge stayed on 24/7 and I was going through (1) 20lb tank per week.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    Thank you, you have been very informative on all your replies to my newbie questions. My wife purchased a stand-up electric rotating heater, which she did a few years ago when we borrowed our friend’s 29’ Jayco. Saved on LP use immensely.
    That is what the forum is all about. Members helping members. As @Second Chance just mentioned though, if it gets below freezing, only use the furnace as that is what heats the underbelly. Using the electric heater might prevent the furnace to come on.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Ya, like many have already said, too many variables. I can say that we just got back from a 15 day trip and went through 1 20lb plus about 20% of the other. We changed sites every other day, while traveling the fridge was on lp. Boondocked 3 of those days so fridge and water heater was on lp. Cooked supper every day and many lunch using lp. Furnace was on 14 of those night with a few where it came on a lot. Depending on outside temp and usage, it's not that bad. We also have the Mopeka tank sensors to help keep an eye on them.
    Hope this helps to give you an idea.

Correction: 30 Lb. tanks
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! And I did make an error, 30 Lb. vs. 30 Gal.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don’t plan on RVing during the Winter, unless go to AZ, but coming home could be challenging, as our State gets snow and below Zero during the Winter.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made an error previously: 30 Lb. vs. 30 Gal.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on buying "Mopeka Tank Check Sensor". They told me to get the "Pro" model. Suppose to have better sensor.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I plan on buying "Mopeka Tank Check Sensor". They told me to get the "Pro" model. Suppose to have better sensor.
    We got the regular and they've been working great. So far.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Bretz RV said they gave me 30 Lb. tanks, and they are only 20 pounds each, so just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the MLE comes with twin 20’s. And I am amazed at how little gas is used when the heater is not used. We run our water heater on gas all the time and it uses very little once a tank has been warmed. The refrigerator is also only a small parasite of fuel. The furnace is the big user of gas.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12