User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 hazy dual pane window

Washed rv about a week ago before leaving the Lake George area.

Noticed water spots on windows. Now at Lake Erie this week I decided to clean/windex the windows. All look good except the 1 side window in the dining room slide towards the couch.

Anyone take out a window or dual pane?

Can I separate, clean and put new seal in? Then reinstall?

Never did a window in an rv before.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_095558.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	36872
    Last edited by Jims94vmx; 09-26-2021 at 12:33 PM. Reason: wrong word populated
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. You probably could separate, but resealing would be difficult. Even if you are unable to put the argon gas as a gap, you would need something to pull a vacuum. More trouble than it worth. Standard procedure for window replacement. You will need to remove the trim on both sides, I believe the window is “sandwiched “ between them.

I am sure more experienced people will chime in. I only replaced a window once on my old me. That was the method.

Good Luck
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. You probably could separate, but resealing would be difficult. Even if you are unable to put the argon gas as a gap, you would need something to pull a vacuum. More trouble than it worth. Standard procedure for window replacement. You will need to remove the trim on both sides, I believe the window is “sandwiched “ between them.

I am sure more experienced people will chime in. I only replaced a window once on my old me. That was the method.

Good Luck
    RV dual pane windows do not have an inert gas between the glass panes - they're a different animal than residential windows.

@Jims94vmx - I would suggest calling Lipper/LCI customer service... ask for the window technical folks and see if they have some advice for you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    RV dual pane windows do not have an inert gas between the glass panes - they're a different animal than residential windows.

@Jims94vmx - I would suggest calling Lipper/LCI customer service... ask for the window technical folks and see if they have some advice for you.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I did make that point, in order to seal properly a vacuum must be pulled. You can’t just put ambient air, it must be clean dry air or you will get the same thing, moisture. Trapped moisture will do the same thing as a broken seal. Much easier to just replace the window.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Washed rv about a week ago before leaving the Lake George area.

Noticed water spots on windows. Now at Lake Erie this week I decided to clean/windex the windows. All look good except the 1 side window in the dining room slide towards the couch.

Anyone take out a window or dual pane?

Can I separate, clean and put new seal in? Then reinstall?

Never did a window in an rv before.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_095558.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	36872
    My guess is you will need to replace the entire window.

I recently replaced the kitchen window in my 2020 337 after it shattered. It was a single pane but I would think the process would be the same for double pane. Below are the steps for a single pane window replacement.

Order a window from Grand Design parts or your local GD dealer. Make sure you also get the foam tape GD sells to install the window.

Once you have the replacement window remove all the screws from the inside window frame and remove the frame.

The outside window will have sealer around the edge. Use a plastic putty knife to loosen the seal then work the window out of the wall. Use a plastic razor blade to clean off old sealer from trailer wall.

Apply the foam tape to the back of the new window then dry fit the window in the hole. When you are happy with the fit put the inside window frame with all the screws on. Tighten the screws in a crisscross pattern to apply equal pressure to the window.

Apply sealer around the outside of the new window where the edge meets the trailer wall. I used Geocel Pro Flex Clear RV Flexible Sealant and it worked great.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 09-26-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I did make that point, in order to seal properly a vacuum must be pulled. You can’t just put ambient air, it must be clean dry air or you will get the same thing, moisture. Trapped moisture will do the same thing as a broken seal. Much easier to just replace the window.
    Rob, wanted to apologize, reread this and it certainly comes across as snippy. I know better than that.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, wanted to apologize, reread this and it certainly comes across as snippy. I know better than that.
    No snippyness taken.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I reached out to LCI this morning via email. Will report back what I am told.

Thanks
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the automated email and case number but have not heard anything since. Just wanted to follow up.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got an email. Have to replace. Can only tell if light hits it a certain way. Will live with it for now.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast