User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RV Show

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We go the the RV Show in Pomona CA. We asked our favorite dealer if they would be there and they said no. Evidently dealerships are charged a pretty hefty price to bring a unit in for the show. On top of paying a site fee and all of that. I see some dealers have 25-30 units there. Some may say they can make up the money in the sales, but there is some reason RV dealers are pulling out of shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit The Road View Post
    We go the the RV Show in Pomona CA. We asked our favorite dealer if they would be there and they said no. Evidently dealerships are charged a pretty hefty price to bring a unit in for the show. On top of paying a site fee and all of that. I see some dealers have 25-30 units there. Some may say they can make up the money in the sales, but there is some reason RV dealers are pulling out of shows.
    That's a big show. The downside, it's outside and every year it's hot. Then the wife gets very cranky.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Yeah makes no sense why an upstate NY dealer was able to weasel their way into this show. Maybe your dealership can shove them outta the way at the fall RV show held at the NYS fairgrounds. Turn about is fair play.
    If you have ever been to the Hershey show and experienced the size of it , there are not enough PA dealers to go around. The show is setup by product line and a dealer is "selected" (and I will use that term loosely) to represent that line. It is not laid out like a typical dealer RV show. So... Take Forest River Flagstaff and Rockwood superlite 5th wheels. They are identical units except for color schemes. They are setup in two different areas of the show and supported by 2 different dealers... Multiply that by the number of brands and segments out there and then think about the number of "Large" dealers in PA . With the way GD is growing don't be surprised if they start splitting displays by segments (dealers).
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except in this case there is only one Grand Design line so there will be only one GD dealer.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said segments, so...Imagine, Imagine XLS, Reflection, Reflection 150, Solitude, Solitude S Series, Momentum, Momentum M Series, and Transcend.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the layout map I saw of the show, Grand Design and all its sements were in one corner and that corner was being represented by Myer’s RV of Syracuse. Now if other segments of the GD lineup are being represented elsewhere at the show, the map didn’t show that.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    From the layout map I saw of the show, Grand Design and all its sements were in one corner and that corner was being represented by Myer’s RV of Syracuse. Now if other segments of the GD lineup are being represented elsewhere at the show, the map didn’t show that.
    As stated” With the way GD is growing don't be surprised if they start splitting displays by segments (dealers).“. I didn’t say they did but in the past few years the amount of product and segment each has grown tremendously and expect thet they will have to just by the volume they do. I am sure there is some behind the scenes story and can tell Hunter70 would have preferred a slightly different outcome but ... the whole point of my email was Hershey is NOT a small regional show. It takes dealers from all over the northeast to pull it off.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70 Completely understandable and very reasonable. I met a GD owner at the local campground when I asked them where they purchased as I thought they went to south Jersey for the unit they said Meyer's in Bath. I was like Bath NY is 3 and half hours away from us (he too was from North NJ) He said he was given a heck of a deal for the show unit and it was worth the trip to Bath. I never got why there were dealers from other states at the PA show either. Camping world, Campers Inn, chain type places i get is they have locations inside the state borders.

Good luck with the lot sale. I am sure it will do well.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to Hershey last year...on Saturday. BIG MISTAKE. I left Pittsburgh at 6 am, got here about 930? Or so and had to park in a field, as in all parking was already taken. Then we waited in about a 35 minute security line before getting in. Once the sun got going there was an obvious shortage of water and food vendors, looked like the line for LSD at Woodstock! Wife wasn't thrilled.

We stuck it out till about 3 and left, checked into a hotel and then went to Troegs Brewery for dinner...it saved the day! Amazing place and would recommend it to anyone. Go on a weekday if at all possible. There were so many people you couldn't walk into most of the rvs.

Now a strategy I've learned about is to buy the rig being used at the show, and offer to tow it home from the lot. You'll need to clean the rugs but I've heard of 40 percent off msrp doing this.

Either way 30 percent off msrp or walk away at the rv show.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's always hot in Pomona during that show. My wife doesn't do heat well either! I take those cooling neck wraps and switch them out for her as the day goes on. Hit it early helps too!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast