User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water line schematics

Hi everyone!
    I am trying to figure out how to put a 12v water recirculation pump in my 315. It would recirculate the water so it wouldn't freeze.
    I am hoping that somebody has a good idea how abd where the lines run. I know GD does not have the schematic for this...But hope that somebody may have traced it out ....Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I am trying to figure out how to put a 12v water recirculation pump in my 315. It would recirculate the water so it wouldn't freeze.
    I am hoping that somebody has a good idea how abd where the lines run. I know GD does not have the schematic for this...But hope that somebody may have traced it out ....Scott
    You may be the trailblazer on this one, Scott!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!
    Are you trying to only circulate what's in the fresh water tank? Otherwise I can't see how you would recirc all the water that is dead headed at the faucets without adding additional plumbing. I wonder if the extra effort is worth it compared to either running the furnace to heat the under belly or adding an electric heater with possible blower motor to the uderbelly, maybe even on a thermostat controlled outlet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!
    Hi Scott,

This is an intriguing idea. I have been thinking about this since we had our off line discussion on this idea. The water lines most likely to freeze are the hot and cold going to the kitchen and the water line to/from the fresh tank. My approach would be to tee into the hot and cold lines under the kitchen sink with two very small lines and valves that could be adjusted to very low flow and lead these two lines back to the fresh tank. Cracking open these valves (or using solenoids if you wanted to make this electric/automatic) would drain a small amount of warmed water back into the fresh tank and keep water circulating throughout the system. The only problem would be listening the the water pump cycle on and off. A parallel continuous quiet pump could be used to bypass the main pump. This would best be controlled by an electric switch that opened/closed input/output solenoid valves when this pump was turned on/off.

Probably more complex than just running the furnace as mentioned earlier . . . but, an interesting idea.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would it have to be from the fresh tank? If on city water why not just a T under the kitchen sink?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Scott,

This is an intriguing idea. I have been thinking about this since we had our off line discussion on this idea. The water lines most likely to freeze are the hot and cold going to the kitchen and the water line to/from the fresh tank. My approach would be to tee into the hot and cold lines under the kitchen sink with two very small lines and valves that could be adjusted to very low flow and lead these two lines back to the fresh tank. Cracking open these valves (or using solenoids if you wanted to make this electric/automatic) would drain a small amount of warmed water back into the fresh tank and keep water circulating throughout the system. The only problem would be listening the the water pump cycle on and off. A parallel continuous quiet pump could be used to bypass the main pump. This would best be controlled by an electric switch that opened/closed input/output solenoid valves when this pump was turned on/off.

Probably more complex than just running the furnace as mentioned earlier . . . but, an interesting idea.

Rob
    This is not my idea. Dennis Milford has this same setup in his 315. His runs off of 110 and he runs his off of city line.
    He put a recirculation pump under the sink and the Inlet comes off the hot water line under the sink with ball shut off valve. The outlet of the pump goes to a ball and then the cold water line under the sink. It is thermocouple controlled and runs when the water gets to the designated temperature. The water keeps going around and around until it is needed. I do not stay hooked up to city water.I use my fresh water. So I am trying to figure out how to make it work on 12v with the fresh tank.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1985274535101353.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	831.0 KB 
ID:	17383

Here is a pic of Dennis's set up. He has been using it in the neg digits with no problems with the in door plumbing. Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not my idea. Dennis Milford has this same setup in his 315. His runs off of 110 and he runs his off of city line.
    He put a recirculation pump under the sink and the Inlet comes off the hot water line under the sink with ball shut off valve. The outlet of the pump goes to a ball and then the cold water line under the sink. It is thermocouple controlled and runs when the water gets to the designated temperature. The water keeps going around and around until it is needed. I do not stay hooked up to city water.I use my fresh water. So I am trying to figure out how to make it work on 12v with the fresh tank.Scott
    Hi Scott,

I understand what you are saying. I have some experience with a circulation system like Dennis is using. In my case, this was a commercial building where the showers were a long way from the water heaters. It could take five minutes for a low flow shower head to bring warm water through 3/4" pipes from 50 ft away. What intrigues me about this idea for an RV is putting warmed water back into the fresh water tank to keep it from freezing and then drawing this warmed water back to the pump through the line from the tank. Using city water, is really no different than just leaving the taps dripping to draw water through the intake hose and the RV plumbing . . . but (and an important "but") you have to be draining your grey tanks continuously if you are doing this. This also offers no freeze protection for the fresh tank or the line from it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scott
    For the most part you can see where the lines run by pulling the basement wall. The other thing is to look at all of the water distribution panel diagrams found here. To determine what line feeds where have someone open a faucet and feel the lines from the panel. You should be able to feel the vibration of the pump when holding a live line.
    Good luck
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So on the nautilus panel there is a setting for using the pump to power fill the fresh tank. Would it be possible to tie into this and a hot line for the recirculating? But as I say that you would need check valves in many positions to allow recirculating water to pass and then when needed pump water to pass. I would think maybe some valves to be added at the sinks to turn sink off but allow water to recirculate. I think I may have recirculated myself into a corner.

Doable I think for some of the lines but maybe not all.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Scott
    For the most part you can see where the lines run by pulling the basement wall. The other thing is to look at all of the water distribution panel diagrams found here. To determine what line feeds where have someone open a faucet and feel the lines from the panel. You should be able to feel the vibration of the pump when holding a live line.
    Good luck
    There's a basement in the 315RLTS? Where is that rascal? (I'm kidding, obviously.)

He's going to get to drop the coroplast <sp?> if Scott's serious about knowing where all the plumbing goes. If he does, pictures are a must!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast