Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Jack Blocks with JT Strongarms or Steadyfast system

Hi folks. It's been a while. We're getting ready to head out again for the summer. I have the Andersen Jack Blocks. I like them because they make it so much easier to level the trailer when we get an uneven site. I don't have to carry around as much wood!

I'd like to try a stabilizing system since our 3 boys are always running and jumping. It feels like a cruise ship in rough seas!

I noticed the JT Strongarms don't come with feet, while the Steadyfast system comes with tripod type feet.

I'd like to retain the use of my Andersen Jack Blocks. Am I correct in assuming the JT Strongarms use the stock landing feet, which will of course mate up as usual with my Andersen Jack Blocks?

BTW, the Jack Blocks do eliminate some of the coach sway, since I don't have to extend the arms nearly as much.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the JT's actually connect just above the factory feet, using one of the leg holes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TheLexx
    Welcome back , it has been a while. The only thing I would recommend watching is the attachment to the trailer frame under the front storage , this is not a very heavy duty area and may need to be reinforced.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Steadyfast system and we are able to use the Andersen jack blocks with it. Steadyfast kit I ordered was the flathead bolt kit (bolt swivel clamp to foot plate) using existing feet plates for our ground control 3.0 leveling on our 337. The arms mount to the I beam of the frame and it's three points to loosen then tighten to set up.

Look for the Grand Design photos in the link below.
    http://www.steadyfast.com/gallery.html
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 03/2018,
    Sailun 235/80/16 G Rated tires, TST507 TPMS,
    Titan electric / hydraulic Disc Brakes
    2015 Ford Platinum 6.7 Short Bed, B&W Turnoverball,
    Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the JT's. Huge difference. Haven't left the driveway with them yet, but just working on the trailer and having the kids in there it was worth the investment. The direction indicate using the hole just above where the foot plate is locked into. Not sure if you could move it up a few holes to allow your blocks or not. As recommended I added a steel plate on the front pan to help reinforce it.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Am I correct in assuming the JT Strongarms use the stock landing feet, which will of course mate up as usual with my Andersen Jack Blocks?
    I thought I had a close up picture of our JTSA mounting but do not. This thread post #3 has a pretty good picture of mounting at feet area:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ht=strong+arms

As we have noted over the years, we are very happy with them and the job they do to help stabilize. We also have them in the rear.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    @TheLexx
    Welcome back , it has been a while. The only thing I would recommend watching is the attachment to the trailer frame under the front storage , this is not a very heavy duty area and may need to be reinforced.

Brian

Thanks! Yes, that area is notoriously weak looking. My welding skills are non-existent however.

Looking at the Steadyfast mounting, it looks like it can be mounted to the frame here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5250edit.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	19785

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yes, the JT's actually connect just above the factory feet, using one of the leg holes.
    That's what I thought. Thank you!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc7903 View Post
    I installed the Steadyfast system and we are able to use the Andersen jack blocks with it. Steadyfast kit I ordered was the flathead bolt kit (bolt swivel clamp to foot plate) using existing feet plates for our ground control 3.0 leveling on our 337. The arms mount to the I beam of the frame and it's three points to loosen then tighten to set up.

Look for the Grand Design photos in the link below.
    http://www.steadyfast.com/gallery.html
    Thanks for the link. Yeah, I'm going to have to avoid that battery box (actually I have two). It looks like all you had to do was swing the arm over a little bit and mount it a bit more forward.

Name:	IMG_5250edit.jpg 
Views:	12 
ID:	19786

When you mount the arm to the existing footplate, do you drill a hole through it and then use the bolt kit?

Name:	IMG_5241_Edit.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	19787

Also do you you have to drop the cloroplast anywhere to mount the system?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the Steadyfast system I trimmed mine around the frame mounts (so mounts were flush against the frame, but did not drop it. When you lay out the system you will find it will fit several ways (all are good). It was fairly easy to clear things. However remember in use the bars do move in and out of the locking frame, so check for interference behind your placement location. In my case I did not check at first and had interference with some propane fittings. No big deal. System works well. They also have excellant customer service so call them about any questions.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast