User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Famous L1 OP Fault

Hi everyone!
    We left our fridge on while we had it in storage because we thought we might use it. Well it was during the hottest time of the summer. It had been a month or so since I had been inside of it. I stopped and checked today and had the L1 OP fault on it. The trailer did not get wet or washed.
    I am thinking on just resetting it once if it will. As most of you know we mostly winter camp, but thought we would take it out a couple times this summer. So I wonder if this would happen when its cold out?

If it happens again ,I would dig deeper. What do you guys think ? Also does anybody happen to know what model numberit would be. I am not around it . Thanks ! Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi everyone!
    We left our fridge on while we had it in storage because we thought we might use it. Well it was during the hottest time of the summer. It had been a month or so since I had been inside of it. I stopped and checked today and had the L1 OP fault on it. The trailer did not get wet or washed.
    I am thinking on just resetting it once if it will. As most of you know we mostly winter camp, but thought we would take it out a couple times this summer. So I wonder if this would happen when its cold out?

If it happens again ,I would dig deeper. What do you guys think ? Also does anybody happen to know what model numberit would be. I am not around it . Thanks ! Scott
    Mines got the Dometic RM1350. I suspect you have a Norcold? (I couldn't find anything about "L1" in my Dometic literature.)

Since I knew nothing about it I checked out YouTube. Watched eight minutes of talking to show a 10 second fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUC6Ztjjuc

Looks very simple to reset the fault. If there's something really wrong the fault *should* reappear. I'd monitor it closely for awhile after resetting the fault.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Mines got the Dometic RM1350. I suspect you have a Norcold? (I couldn't find anything about "L1" in my Dometic literature.)

Since I knew nothing about it I checked out YouTube. Watched eight minutes of talking to show a 10 second fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUC6Ztjjuc

Looks very simple to reset the fault. If there's something really wrong the fault *should* reappear. I'd monitor it closely for awhile after resetting the fault.

-Howard
    Hi Howard!
    Thank you! I think I will give that a try. Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone ! The fault on the refrigerator reset with the magnet. We will see how long it last. Thanks ! Scott
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great fix. That's what I like about this forum - learn something new all the time!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of times it trips due to water, either by washing and inadvertently shooting water that direction or by driving rain.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M