User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2019 Chevy 3500 and this is funny!

I believe the electric vehicle rave is just a small stepping stone for something better in the future. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	23701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    What little I've traveled around our country it seems like electric is a pipe unless your living in the city. I live 50 miles from the nearest charging station in Portland Maine. I know one guy that drives his leaf to Portland. Does a charge, shops and does business. Then charges again. An hour or more each charge. Then heads back to the woods 50 miles from there.
    Not for me. Your welcome to my share of the electric.
    I have actually spoken to people that are politically active in the most extreme of the whole electric vehicle/walkable community movement. Their dream was that, eventually, everyone will need to move to the city. They will have apartments/townhomes, and MIGHT have an EV, but will most likely participate in an EV-sharing program. Day-to-day they will use public transportation, and will work near the nearest commuter-rail line.

When asked about people that want to have an RV and a truck to travel the country, they were appalled. They felt that, first, there should be a special (meaning prohibitively expensive, their definition) license tax for such a vehicle, and second, that fuel prices should also be prohibitively expensive. "No one really NEEDS to do that", so the people that do should have to pay so much that, eventually, they will give it up.

When asked about farmers, they stated that "farms will have to relocate to be near the cities", but that was OK because "we will be able to reclaim much of suburbs for farming once people don't live in them".

I don't think there are many that think like that, but some of the most politically active do, and it paints a picture that is very hostile to how many of us live. I wanted to point that out because it IS relevant to us. I have no issue with electric vehicles. They produce different emissions, but do still pollute when manufactured, when driven - although that pollution is NIMBY, and when disposed of. The Tesla truck isn't ready for "real" truck use, but someday I think they CAN make one that is.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no issues with electric cars or trucks. I have issues with politicians that know whats best for me.
    Ive driven six hours in South Dakota and saw only crops and tractors (big big tractors) and no Tesla's. Lol.
    I own a small business and one customer that came one day driving a VW diesel pickup truck. I have no idea the year said " oh the way over here I must of met 20 pickup trucks with Nothing in the bed.What a waste of fuel"....lol. I never forget that. I said to him maybe those 20 truck owners are like me. I love driving my truck. To get coffee. To the auto parts store. To where ever. Lol. And with the bed empty.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New guy here!

I really like the truck but the cost for one to pull my 2670MK is much more than the advertised 39K...

My MX-5 is going to have to be replaced with a tow vehicle - even if I drop a LS into it - it still wont do the job LOL!

Thanks for starting the conversation - this is the beginning of a new world in allot of ways!

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tow test between the Tesla toy and a F-150 is a joke.
    Let me bring my F-350 Super Duty 6.7 4x4 to that test and I'll pull that Tesla around like the ugly little puppy that it is!!!! BOO-YA!!!!!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i own a 2019 chevy 3500 and this is funny!

I believe the electric vehicle rave is just a small stepping stone for something better in the future. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	23701

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    lol!!!!!!!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NANO NANO SHAZBOT!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would encourage you to re-evaluate your thoughts on the looks of it. Damn that’s a fugly vehicle.

More importantly, how electric vehicles are currently designed and battery usage, towing will have a very big impact on your battery. Not only to the distance capabilities for the haul, charging time for stops but the actual strain of towing on the battery will impact the overall lifespan of the trucks batteries.

In addition to the above....if your plan was to use it for anything other than hitch towing, the slopes design of the bed will impact if not prevent fifth wheel type towing.

Plus it’s just way ugly....really....wow...and yes, I think Tesla cars are remarkable.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree....fugly. Reminds me of the Pontiac Aztek....wow

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I am all for progress and reducing the impact on the environment. I'm not fond of the looks of the Tesla truck but I understand it has decent towing capacity...which is a good thing because I'd be wanting to tow a trailer with a big friggin' generator. Yep, I'm all for progress.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast