User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is it normal and why is it ok if so?

We have a 2020 398m with the 2118 Notcold refrigerator. I have added the Extra external fans, done various mods as suggested with the doors and checked the seals it’s good until it gets in the 90s and then this thing is just a POS. why is it OK to just assume we all have to do all this crap when you buy something you want to just use it not work on it. why isn’t there a class action lawsuit against notcold for making such a pile of crap. I’m considering ripping this out and doing a residential fridge but when you spend this kind of money it’s just hard to justify it. I’m not the kind to bitch but this thing has me a tad ticked off! Rant over. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is one constant complaint I see across forums. I can't answer the second question other than to say the technology is available to make improvement.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...eration-system
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notcold 2118 frig

So I posted a topic yesterday about the constant issues with the norcold 2118 frig even after completing the suggested upgrades asking for suggestions and comments as to why it is ok for a company to install and a company to sell a pos frig, guess what I bet this gets deleted too! Shame on you if you delete it, probably grand design deleting it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are good and bad appliances, and good and bad installations. My Alpine had a Dometic reefer I think and it didn't hold temperature and was constantly watching it. The 2021 Solitude came with the Norcold 2118 and so far so good. When we are on shore power, the electric works great. I do have to adjust it from time-to-time from 6 to 9 on settings depending on outside conditions. Right now holding at 0 & 32 set at 8. Currently 82 outside. When at the house before a trip, I start it up on propane to cool down faster, and use the propane during transit.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So I posted a topic yesterday about the constant issues with the norcold 2118 frig even after completing the suggested upgrades asking for suggestions and comments as to why it is ok for a company to install and a company to sell a pos frig, guess what I bet this gets deleted too! Shame on you if you delete it, probably grand design deleting it.

Not sure what you are talking about your post being deleted, it's right here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...203#post377203

Unless your post violates the rules of the forum, it will not be deleted. If it is misleading or inaccurate, other forum members will be very quick to set the record straight.

You are staying an opinion on that post, and you have every right to do so.

In the OP of this thread, you appear to be bashing Grand Design for "deleting your other post". Grand Design has nothing to do with moderating this forum. It is a privately run forum and not associated with the Grand Design company.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notcold 2118 frig

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Lol. You were looking for comments and suggestions?

I read your post last night and as it has been stated it is still there

But you did say it was a rant so I assumed you were not looking for comments

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 06-20-2021 at 08:08 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads merged and moved to Appliances sub-forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015