User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Family of 4 jumping into full-time

Hello community. New here and preparing to set out in RV life. Have been lurking on these Forums regularly (amazing resource) and decided it is time to introduce myself.

Family of 4: Wife, Daughter (10), Son (4), and me. We are going to RV full-time starting as soon as our Solitude comes in. Over 18 years of marriage we have always basically been nomads. With kids getting older we felt the right thing to do was settle down somewhere "permanent". Spent the last couple years in Munich and had decided we wanted to live in the United States instead, but then came the tricky part of deciding where! Played with the idea of traveling full time for at least a year and seeing where we land. Previously we had cast this idea away because of schooling for our daughter. But COVID left us doing remote school and really changed our perception. Remote schooling worked great for our family. So we made the decision to leave Germany and hit the road full-time in the USA!

We are new to RVs, but no strangers to traveling or living off-grid. Really jumping in head first but that is our style.

We have an RV ordered, GD Solitude 378MBS-R, should be ready for pickup early June. Did months of research, starting with a Class A, and ultimately decided on a fifth wheel. A big factor in this choice is that I love to do my own improvements and repairs. Have previously built and lived off-grid, designed solar systems for farms, etc. Already learned so much on this forum and look forward to sharing some of the mods I have been cooking up in my head.

Bought a truck (F350 DRW) and got that all setup the way I liked it. Crazy how expensive and hard to find trucks are right now! Couldn't even order one. Will post some pics when I can.

Hoping in particular to meet other families that are full-time with school age children ❤️.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the US. Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead of you, cant wait to hear about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Looking forward to hearing your adventures!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome. Great to see you bought enough truck so nothing to worry about there.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinK View Post
    Hello community. New here and preparing to set out in RV life. Have been lurking on these Forums regularly (amazing resource) and decided it is time to introduce myself.

Family of 4: Wife, Daughter (10), Son (4), and me. We are going to RV full-time starting as soon as our Solitude comes in. Over 18 years of marriage we have always basically been nomads. snip

Cheers!
    Welcome to the RV life, forum, full timing and the US. Wow really jumping in with both or all feet. I am curious are you German citizens or displaced US citizens possibly US military living in Germany? The younger generation, I am constantly amazed by y'all (Texan), fearless, willing to go for it, try new things! Good for you!
    If you're not familiar with it, the USA is a vast land, as different from one place as it is the other, North, South, East, West, and Midwest. LOL's people coming to the US probably think of us as a bunch of squabbling children.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Welcome to the RV life, forum, full timing and the US. Wow really jumping in with both or all feet. I am curious are you German citizens or displaced US citizens possibly US military living in Germany? The younger generation, I am constantly amazed by y'all (Texan), fearless, willing to go for it, try new things! Good for you!
    If you're not familiar with it, the USA is a vast land, as different from one place as it is the other, North, South, East, West, and Midwest. LOL's people coming to the US probably think of us as a bunch of squabbling children.
    Thanks for the welcome! We are US citizens, I was born in Denver, my wife is Polish but naturalized some years ago. I did serve in the Navy but got out 15 years ago. Have no fear though, I have learned Americans don't have a monopoly on squabbling LOL. We are not near as familiar with the entire USA as we would like to be, especially the wilderness & national parks, looking forward to experiencing more of it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Congrats and welcome. Great to see you bought enough truck so nothing to worry about there.
    Absolutely! I know you "can" get away with less truck but I feel like I used up all my luck taking towing risks when I was younger ��

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinK View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! We are US citizens, I was born in Denver, my wife is Polish but naturalized some years ago. I did serve in the Navy but got out 15 years ago. Have no fear though, I have learned Americans don't have a monopoly on squabbling LOL. We are not near as familiar with the entire USA as we would like to be, especially the wilderness & national parks, looking forward to experiencing more of it!
    Well hey there Navy! I as well 75-81 Naval aviation A7-E (AE5) deployed most of the time on board USS Constellation. My daughter, from Ohio, just visited Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona. She told me after visiting Pearl and the Memorial she now understands me better/ LOL's

Since your both US citizens it won't be totally foreign to you. Our National parks are a treasure to be sure. The Wife and I are taking a trip this summer starting in May to SD, WY, MT, ID, UT, CO, KS then back to Indiana/Ohio to visit our kids/grandkids then back down to Texas to winter mostly in southern Texas and Galveston.

May your adventures be filled with excitement and wonders!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel