User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinK View Post
    Unrelated but wanted to say hi, we have a new 378MBS ordered (our first RV) - picking up early June.
    Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will love you 378MBS. This is our 4th RV. You will find lots of great people and information here. Any questions just ask.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Purchased a new 378MBS a couple of weeks ago and dealer is a couple of hours away. They want $2,800 to sell me all 4 of the slide toppers and $4,000 to supply and install them. I have done this on my 297RSTS so planning on doing these myself now too.

If anyone has a 378MBS and can measure each of the 4 slideout total lengths flange to flange I would really appreciate it so I can check online pricing and get some ordered so they arrive once we can bring the new trailer home.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Slide toppers have their pros and cons. When I had a class A motor home is came with slide toppers, which flapped in the wind and made a lot of noise. The fact of the matter is I would not think of closing the slides with junk on them so I climbed up on the roof and cleaned them off before closing the slides. Now
    I have a 5th wheel and I am too old to climb up on the roof, so I solved the problem the easy way. No slide toppers and I bought an 8' ladder and a battery powered leaf blower. Now I climb the ladder and blow off the top of the slides with the leaf blower. That whole business cost me about $300 and there is no flapping noise on windy days.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Slide toppers have their pros and cons. When I had a class A motor home is came with slide toppers, which flapped in the wind and made a lot of noise. The fact of the matter is I would not think of closing the slides with junk on them so I climbed up on the roof and cleaned them off before closing the slides. Now
    I have a 5th wheel and I am too old to climb up on the roof, so I solved the problem the easy way. No slide toppers and I bought an 8' ladder and a battery powered leaf blower. Now I climb the ladder and blow off the top of the slides with the leaf blower. That whole business cost me about $300 and there is no flapping noise on windy days.
    Thanks for your reply. I can see how this can make sense as well and glad it works for you. I also like the slide toppers as it keeps most if not all of the water off of the slide roof, no cleaning to do and dampens the rain on the slide roof. I have had them on 2 previous trailers before this one and we had some wind flapping on the first trailer but nothing worth mentioning on the second.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention it's very tough to use a leaf blower to get snow, and/or ice, off the top of the slides. They will make a mess inside when they melt.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have this same Solitude 378MBS. I bought a slide topper for the bedroom slide and then discovered that there is no room to install one. There is 4 inches from the top of the slide to the rain gutter and the flange on the slide is 3-1/2 inches wide, which doesn't leave enough room to mount the rail for the topper and still close the slide.

Anyone else run into this and have a work-around?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordracer350 View Post
    We have this same Solitude 378MBS. I bought a slide topper for the bedroom slide and then discovered that there is no room to install one. There is 4 inches from the top of the slide to the rain gutter and the flange on the slide is 3-1/2 inches wide, which doesn't leave enough room to mount the rail for the topper and still close the slide.

They put them on at the factory......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 378.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordracer350 View Post

Thanks for that insight. I will have to tell you how I do it when I get it done in the next month or so. Dealer told me they could do all the slides except the living room slide because of the awning. I looked at several from the factory and will follow how the factory installed them.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that tells me its possible. l'll have to take some more exact measurements. Maybe it just fits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12