Thread: Sealant chart?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sealant chart?

I have a Momentum 381m.

Is there a chart or informational that lists all the products I need for upkeep? Sealants, silicones, tapes, etc...

Thanks!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a tube of self leveling sealant for the roof, some clear silicon for the windows and side wall joints, and a small roll of eternal bond in case I hit a branch and put a gash in the roof. And a caulking gun, of course. After one year and 12,000 miles I have touched up all 4 corners of the roof (self leveling caulk) and all 4 corners around the bottom of the coach (clear silicon) and have a small piece of eternal bond on one of the slide roofs where a nail or screw is trying to come up from under the membrane. Oh, and some gorilla tape to mend a bit of a tear in the coroplast just behind the curb side rear spring hanger.

I also have 3 water alarms; one behind nautilus panel, one under the water heater, and in the outdoor kitchen. None of which have ever sounded an alarm. Yet.

Currently working to put a hinged door for easy access / inspection behind nautilus panel.

So far, my only water issue was a leaking connection under the kitchen sink which was noticed early, dripped into the plastic tray that is under there, and did no damage. It’s a hand tightened connection that was no longer hand tight, hence the dripping.

Hope this is helpful. Water is not your friend in an RV. I always turn the city water off when leaving the rig unattended.

Dicor 501LSW-1 Self-Leveling Lap Sealant, 4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6KGPFM...6G60871CJP09WF

Eternabond RV Rubber Roof Seal | White | Sealant Tape | (1 Roll, 4" x 50') https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPVZ4K9...PD73J116V5KDAE

Instapark Water Leakage Detection Alarm and Sensor, Low Battery Alert Pack of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IWTCLHA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FlyStar gave you a good list. I'll add bearings inspect and repack every year or 10
    K, its good practice to carry a spare set or 2. Geo Method for the black and gray tanks. Roof cleaner and conditioner.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Is something black used anywhere. It looks like the stuff around some trim is black?

Also, as far as silicone.... we are just talking about the regular clear GE stuff right?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Thank you!

Is something black used anywhere. It looks like the stuff around some trim is black?

Also, as far as silicone.... we are just talking about the regular clear GE stuff right?
    For the silicone caulk, I've always used Sashco 13010 10.5oz Sashco Sealants Clear Lexel Adhesive Caulk, 10.5-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PSDEKA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

You will also want to check your manual about your roof for the correct type of sealant there. For our 2021 320MKS, Grand Design recommends Alpha Sealant.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all these mostly one time use after they are opened?

I know I have a GE silicone that is in a twist cap and even though it's much smaller for the same price, its reusable.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What width eternabond do you carry?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    What width eternabond do you carry?
    2" and 6"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Are all these mostly one time use after they are opened?

I know I have a GE silicone that is in a twist cap and even though it's much smaller for the same price, its reusable.
    Pretty much. I do use the nail and press-n-seal trick to make it last about a week. Also, I am kind of anal, so I pull all the silicone off and replace it all at the same time. A bit of a chore, but worth it in my opinion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely Geocel Pro Flex for the silicone. You can actually reuse it onto itself
    , on any surface even if lightly damp (I would not) or frozen. As for the Eternabond, I went 4in.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast