User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Did you do the same to the one on the control box?

Maybe the one in the roof is for the furnace???

Which would be a fail if it is
    @NB Canada, I posted some incorrect information the other day. The room sensor in the A/C plenum is the reading on the thermostat when you are running the A/C. The sensor on the bottom of the thermostat is used when the furnace is running (heat mode). This makes sense from the standpoint that the room temp when the furnace is running should be read from where the occupants are (about 5 feet from the floor). Also, when complaints started coming in, Grand Design support told users that the A/C fan should be running when in heat mode to get an accurate temperature reading due to the air circulating. This was ridiculous, how can you run the fan if you are camping off grid unless you have a generator? As I have stated before, I am very satisfied with the A/C performance now. If you don't want to install the new parts, then you can relocate the room sensor to the thermostat like @uwskier did here:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ts-free-method
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    @NB Canada, I posted some incorrect information the other day. The room sensor in the A/C plenum is the reading on the thermostat when you are running the A/C. The sensor on the bottom of the thermostat is used when the furnace is running (heat mode). This makes sense from the standpoint that the room temp when the furnace is running should be read from where the occupants are (about 5 feet from the floor). Also, when complaints started coming in, Grand Design support told users that the A/C fan should be running when in heat mode to get an accurate temperature reading due to the air circulating. This was ridiculous, how can you run the fan if you are camping off grid unless you have a generator? As I have stated before, I am very satisfied with the A/C performance now. If you don't want to install the new parts, then you can relocate the room sensor to the thermostat like @uwskier did here:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ts-free-method
    Well that makes more sense but doesn’t fix the “a/c issue”
    There appears to be two issues people have complained about
    A/C short cycling and heat requiring the fan to run which is impossible off shore power
    This only fixes the heat issue then
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having to rely on the sensor inside the AC air intake will not work unless the fan is on continuously. Otherwise, when the AC achieves set temperature and shuts off, two things happen. Cool air from the coil above the sensor sinks and further cools the sensor. Warming air in the room is impeded from reaching the sensor by the filter - even worse if it’s dirty. The end result is the AC doesn’t react to the heat rise when it should and room temperature fluctuates outside a comfortable range. One sensor inside the room free of influence by the AC is the right arrangement. It’s the room temperature that is important.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Well that makes more sense but doesn’t fix the “a/c issue”
    There appears to be two issues people have complained about
    A/C short cycling and heat requiring the fan to run which is impossible off shore power
    This only fixes the heat issue then
    I understand what you're saying, but mine does not short cycle now.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Having to rely on the sensor inside the AC air intake will not work unless the fan is on continuously. Otherwise, when the AC achieves set temperature and shuts off, two things happen. Cool air from the coil above the sensor sinks and further cools the sensor. Warming air in the room is impeded from reaching the sensor by the filter - even worse if it’s dirty. The end result is the AC doesn’t react to the heat rise when it should and room temperature fluctuates outside a comfortable range. One sensor inside the room free of influence by the AC is the right arrangement. It’s the room temperature that is important.
    I agree. Mine works best when I run the fan on low or high. I suspect that putting the room sensor in the plenum allows a single thermostat to control multiple zones, with each zone deciding when to cycle their compressor. In a single zone system it would make sense to have the temperature monitored from the thermostat.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having to rely on the sensor inside the AC air intake will not work unless the fan is on continuously..
    There isn’t another way to run the AC

The fan is always on just the compressor kicks in and then out when cooling is achieved
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion ehanced tstat

Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but mine does not short cycle now.
    But there isn’t any explanation for it because they did not change anything
    They only addressed the heat side
    I have not noticed any issue with either because I don’t really use them
    A/C is seldom on as we camp on the Atlantic coast and I use a space heater for heat
    I only asked for the parts from GD because I want my system to work properly as I may need them in the future
    But if there is a short cycling issue these new parts definitely don’t address it
    Not doubting your perception of your AC operation but perhaps it is due to other things. I personally have not noticed my AC short cycling when it is used and my system is all original
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two zones, two thermostated each with the respective sensor on the wall. Both heat and AC now work perfectly with or without the fan running constantly. Just returned from a week upper 90s and constant humidity and two ACs maintained 72 easily without freezing up ( but I do use dry daily to control moisture).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two zones, two thermostated each with the respective sensor on the wall. Both heat and AC now work perfectly with or without the fan running constantly. Just returned from a week upper 90s and constant humidity and two ACs maintained 72 easily without freezing up ( but I do use dry daily to control moisture).
    I don’t understand how your AC runs without the fan running constantly
    I set my control to cool. Fan comes on and compressor kicks in, temperature is reached compressor kicks off fan remains running until temp increases kicking compressor back on
    Are you saying your shuts down completely once desired cooled temp is reached?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. In the A automatic fan setting the AC units shut completely off when temp is reached. If the fan is set to either the L low or H high setting the fan will run constantly. I only use these settings if it is very hot outside just to keep the air blended throughout the rig.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast