User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    The issue I will run into is I will not find the F-250 on the lot. In our area people get 4x4 trucks so a 4x2 is not an easy find. Also, I am going with an 8 ft bed.

So, in other words I will not have a yellow sticker until I get the truck. If I go with the lowest trim package and go from there I should have some good cargo capacity. Same thing I did with my F-150 and it has 2.1k cargo capacity.

If this is the case I should be able to get an F-250 with 3k+ cargo capacity. If I go on the high end calculating pin weight it is 3.5k (25%) low end is 1.4k (10%). Some say 15% is a good estimate so that would be 2.1k.

As I learn more I see that there are many people out there with the wrong TV. 3/4 ton with high end trim package and a diesel has about 1.5k cargo capacity. I think what many think is big truck with diesel I can tow anything.

I just want to be safe not only my safety but everyone on the road too.
    Just an FYI: talk to the dealer, many dealers will allow you to order the truck, with a (most of the time) refundable deposit (or, towards another truck). Get it in writing, then order the truck you want, if it doesn't have the CCC that you like, walk away from it, or talk to the dealer to order a 1 ton.

You should not be locked into buying a truck you special ordered, just go through the paperwork.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Just an FYI: talk to the dealer, many dealers will allow you to order the truck, with a (most of the time) refundable deposit (or, towards another truck). Get it in writing, then order the truck you want, if it doesn't have the CCC that you like, walk away from it, or talk to the dealer to order a 1 ton.

You should not be locked into buying a truck you special ordered, just go through the paperwork.
    This process was super easy for me at the GMC dealership. I put $1K down and custom built my truck with the sales manager. Ordered it on the Internet via the dealer and then was given updates each week till it arrived 8.5 weeks later just as I configured. One of the easiest processes I have ever dealt with.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I think what many think is big truck with diesel I can tow anything..
    A big truck with a diesel can tow anything, it just may not be able to carry much.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    A big truck with a diesel can tow anything, it just may not be able to carry much.
    I know. I don't think many see the cargo as being a thing. They see a truck can pull 20k lbs and figure they can get a fifth wheel that weights 16k lbs.

I actually looked at all these 1/2 ton fifth wheels and I did the math. My F-150 could tow one. Would I be comfortable with it? Nope because it is too close to my max weight.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help me decipher this from Ford. This is under the specs. What is the max tongue weight? It list so much crap.

Fifth Wheel Hitch - Max Tongue Wt. 4750, 3525, 3675, 3750, 3125 lbs 3050.0 min 4750.0 max
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably depending on options/packages ordered where the capacity lands.

4750 I would guess a 2WD with low options (XL/XLT)
    3050 a 4WD Diesel with every option.

I would need to see where you are getting that from, either a screen cap or link to do more than a a WAG (Wild *** Guess)
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    That's probably depending on options/packages ordered where the capacity lands.

4750 I would guess a 2WD with low options (XL/XLT)
    3050 a 4WD Diesel with every option.

I would need to see where you are getting that from, either a screen cap or link to do more than a a WAG (Wild *** Guess)
    That is the specs for a specific truck that I was looking at. I ran it against mine and my truck's weights is the first number in all cases. I was just wondering if someone knew Fords and how they lay out the stats.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specs where. Thats what Im asking. Website, link or screen cap it.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    Specs where. Thats what Im asking. Website, link or screen cap it.
    Under tech specs if it shows up. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/v...7W2B66NED48776

Looks like you may have to push a button to get results.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's showing a range of possibilities with ordering options. Even though it's the "VIN" it's just giving a range for that model.

That's not an official Ford site by the way. It's just showing data ranges for that truck model which is coming back as the range of the entire line.

You really need to either see the truck in person, and as much as I hate the blind worship of it, the holy yellow sticker will give you an idea of what it is.

But there are a ton of options that affect both "holy yellow sticker" capacity, and actual engineering capacity.

Good example of when holy yellow and engineering differ, on an identical truck.

My F-450 was available with a 12,000 GVWR option. What does that change? Nothing but the sticker, it's a choice driven by tax and licensure regs in some states.

Same reason you see a lot of "heavy spec" 250s with a 9999lb GVWR to stay under some states regs. Truck is just as capable and safe as the 12-14k version. No mechanical differences.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Va Beach, VA

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast