User Tag List

Thread: 2670mk Toilet

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2670mk Toilet

So We have a '22 2670mk. Love the trailer and its features. However the toilet was a disappointment from the beginning (mostly due to the plastic bowl). In my research to find a better quality replacement I have yet to find one that will fit with the 8.5" rough in measurement (center of flange to back wall). Any ideas? how hard would it be to modify the mounting flange? I'm assuming it would be quite a chore to modify.

anyways while looking for an upgrade we have been dealing with a bad stench from the bathroom even with rigorous cleanings and flushing the tanks endlessly and trying several full black tank flushes the smell never goes away. After some research into the Dometic 300 toilet it seems this is a common problem. I was hoping to upgrade to a better unit but seems we are stuck with this toilet since its the only rv toilet that fits that rough in dimension.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by jamisondonato; 11-09-2022 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The Dometic 300 should fit, its minimum distance to wall from flange center is 8.5". This picture is from the install manual. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221109-063225_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	43779
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the OP already has the Dometic and is blaming it for the smell. RV toilet plumbing is very simple - just a short pipe straight into the tank, so no trap to block odors. That's what the flapper valve and the small amount of water in the toilet is supposed to do. Of course, when flushing, there then is a path for the smell...
    Flushing with the ceiling fan on is just asking for smell!

The tank also has an air vent, just like at home, that exits out of the roof. If that is blocked, adding to the tank gives the displaced air (smell) nowhere else to go. Rarely a problem, but could be partially blocked by something.

Most likely source: There is an backflow preventor, to stop "stuff" from exiting out of the black tank flush and getting into the campground water supply. I haven't looked in my 2670MK, but it is either inside the sink cabinet (behind a panel), or behind the shower faucets. It's fairly big. These are of lower quality, and if leaking air, can make everything smell all the time. Very easy to replace with a better one from the hardware store. Try replacing that first - far cheaper and easier than dealing with toilets or plumbing stacks.

If replacing doesn't fix, then investigate the plugged vent possibility.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to eTrailer.com, the Dometic (no "s" in it) 300 is the only RV toilet with the 8.5" or less rough-in that you need. That's probably why it was used in that application.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-579031.html

Now - welcome to the forum! I see that you are a site sponsor. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sande005 I think you're correct, I misread that part of the post. I would think it might be something else as well, we put a 300 and a 320 in our last Momentum and never experienced any smells.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s correct we currently have the Dometic 300 as that’s all that will fit. But there’s an overwhelming smell coming from it even when the tabl is compeltely flushed out and everything else cleaned extensively. There’s numerous threads about an issue with a failed internal seal but since it’s glued together, it’s not serviceable. I’m calling dometic today to see if they can provide any insight.

Good idea about the vacuum breaker / backflow valve. I’ll check to see if the smell is emanating from there.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that seemed painless enough. Talked with a rep at Dometic, they verified the SN and SKU of the toilet and agreed to send out a replacement toilet free of charge (under warranty) due to a faulty seal that was installed during assembly. She confirmed that the factory has remedied the issue and the replacement have the fix in place. New 300 model should arrive in 5-7 days. I'll report back here after I get that and get it installed.

It's obvious they have a known issue with the Dometic 300 toilet model as they actually have a menu option on the phone regarding issues with the Model 300.
    I'll still check the back flow valve as mentioned earlier just to confirm. But hopefully the new toilet will solve our smelly issue. As for getting to upgrade to a nicer (less creaky / less plastic) toilet, that will have to wait for another day as this looks like our only option unless I want ot get into customizing the plumbing and cutting a new hole in floor (not that interested). My wife will have to be happy with a creaky but hopefully less smelly toilet.
    2022 Imagine 2670mk -- 200ah BB Lithium, Victron MPPT 100/30, 100watt panel, ProPride 3P, Wink Mattress, Max Fans
    2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500HD -- LBZ Duramax / 6spd Allison Swap, 1 Ton Brakes and suspension upgrades