User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Blue Ox. This is the fifth equalizer hitch we have ha din 25 years and I have never ha done I liked so much attaching and the bars. It is so easy, works well and backs with no issues.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equalizer 4 point WD is what I have for an imagine 2500RL that I pull with a F150. You purchase the one applicable for your weight class. Rving for 4 years including using with a Ford Expedition. Does a great job controlling sway ( and seems to be better than chain version per a friend who tows similar trailer / truck set that I have ). I am able to handle more cross wind without sway than he ( we just completed a 3 week 2700 mile trip throughout the smoky and Appalachian mountains - simple driving control). No issues with backing up ( buddy has to disconnect something on his chains when he backs up - I don’t have to do anything). Only issue is noise that I have eliminated by buying the equalizer jackets ($25 on Amazon) and using their grease on the 2 bolts . The pair of jackets eliminated most of the turning “screech” since it eliminated the metal on metal contact of the bars. The grease is applied to the hitch head area as directed ( although I have found i have applied a little about once a year). I think one tube will last me a lifetime of rving at this point. No noise . No change to handling ( other than smoother and quite when pulling into and backing into site).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    We have the Anderson and are happy with it. Easy to hook up and quiet. Works fine backing up. We had a small issue when it was delivered but a 3 minute call to Anderson and they overnighted a replacement nut so their customer service was great (at least for me).
    https://andersenhitches.com/product/...ibution-hitch/

As someone above pointed out, most of us have experience with very few hitches so we really can't compare one with with another.
    Plus one for the Andersen WDH for us as well. So easy to put on and adjust with the chains instead of the spring bars.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Fastway E2 and use the 1000# bars . . . .no problem forward or backward.
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to many members, including myself, have had the chance to try out different wdh.
    Here's a good video made by wondering weekends comparing 6 of the popular wdg.
    https://youtu.be/M8eY-qbtuJU and a second with the Anderson, https://youtu.be/SQQ4XQZXN1A as much as I love the features of the weight safe, I think I'd prefer the light weight of the Anderson. Weight Safe would have greater advantages for a toy hauler.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a ProPride believer. Might seem like an overkill for your scenario, but this is a once and done WDH/anti-sway. Go to the user FB page and the website to learn more. As someone else said you can find used setups on the FB group page. Admittedly, it’s not cheap.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave & Robin G View Post
    I’m a ProPride believer. Might seem like an overkill for your scenario, but this is a once and done WDH/anti-sway. Go to the user FB page and the website to learn more. As someone else said you can find used setups on the FB group page. Admittedly, it’s not cheap.
    Dont get me wrong, the propride is very impressive. I just couldn't justify the price and weight. That's a very heavy and expensive beast. It is however the best. I guess if one can't get the sway under control with a good wdh then the propride would be justified.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Henslely Arrow, no swaying at all. It is not the cheapest one on the market, but after 25 years of driving a tractor trailer over the road I wanted something safe. Check out the Hensley website. The customer support has been great. I changed trailers and need a drop hitch and bigger load bars, I receive both in a timely matter at no expense to me.
    Mark Costner
    Charlotte, NC
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram Big Horn 6.4 Hemi

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    We have the Equalizer 4point with 1600lb bars. Works very well.

Bill
    Equalizer X2
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reese. Inexpensive and historically reliable.
    Jeff & Karalee
    Retired Air Force
    2022 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7L 4x4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast