2022 Momentum 351M
    2022 F450

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    We got the newer F450 home. It fits into our garage. I was worried about the height of the truck but all is well. I love this truck and cannot wait to tow our 5er with it. Really like all the bells and stuff and it seems this thing is made to tow. We cannot leave until early Jan. 2023 because wife has planned a birthday party for me (80th). I want all you folks to help me celebrate. Birthday is new year's eve.
    What an early birthday present! Congratulations!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    We got the newer F450 home. It fits into our garage. I was worried about the height of the truck but all is well. I love this truck and cannot wait to tow our 5er with it. Really like all the bells and stuff and it seems this thing is made to tow. We cannot leave until early Jan. 2023 because wife has planned a birthday party for me (80th). I want all you folks to help me celebrate. Birthday is new year's eve.
    If I am still towing my RV at 80, I will consider my life to have been a success! Congrats on the new truck but mostly congrats for being active at 80 years old!!!
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my slightly used (72,000 miles) 2020 F450 Platinum this past September. It took me a little while to get used to it, but love it more every time I drive it. I can't compare the turning radius to a 350, because I haven't driven one. I will tell you this 450 pretty much turns on a dime. I think it has a better radius than our Honda Ridgeline. I've pulled our new 376 THS-R, that we picked up new about three weeks ago, a little over 400 miles so far and it was pretty much effortless. The 10 speed transmission is as smooth as butter. On inclines, you can hear the turbo growl a little bit, but I couldn't feel it down shift or struggle at all. Granted there aren't any really big hills between IN. and IL. My wife napped during part of the trip if that tells you anything about the ride. P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    George & Ronda
    2023 Momentum 376THS-R
    2020 F450 Platinum

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I made the mistake of driving a friend's 450 after owning my 350. The 350 is a great truck for towing, however, the turning radius on the 450 is SO much better. We are talking HUGE difference here. Good luck with the trade!
    I second the turning radius of the F450 is is amazing
    Bob and Mary Both retired and enjoying wherever life takes us now.
    2021 Ford F450 DRW Platinum
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 399th
    2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks are wonderful. My Dad lived into his 90th year and was active up to the day he died. I am the spitting image of him. I will spend part of today putting a new tonneau cover on the 450. I was told by the dealer that the cover on the 350 would not fit the 450 (they thought so because the part numbers for the cover was different). I think they were wrong. Does not matter because the old cover was starting to have problems. Now, if the weather would just warm up so I can wash the Solitude. It is in the 20s here.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12