User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RV Magazines

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Used to get Trailer Life and really enjoyed it. That became RV Magazine and it seems like a lot of the articles are like an ad for Camping World and Good Sam.

What I just found very interesting is the old Colorado RV Adventure & Travel Show in Denver is now "The Ultimate RV Show, presented by Camping World and Good Sam". What is very unusual is it is FREE to attend this year. This show is at the huge Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver and I imagine it's not cheap to rent for 3 days. I'm guessing the dealers are going to have to pay more to be there to offset the free entry. We'll see what it looks like when we go in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH63 View Post
    I agree. Used to get Trailer Life and really enjoyed it. That became RV Magazine and it seems like a lot of the articles are like an ad for Camping World and Good Sam.

What I just found very interesting is the old Colorado RV Adventure & Travel Show in Denver is now "The Ultimate RV Show, presented by Camping World and Good Sam". What is very unusual is it is FREE to attend this year. This show is at the huge Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver and I imagine it's not cheap to rent for 3 days. I'm guessing the dealers are going to have to pay more to be there to offset the free entry. We'll see what it looks like when we go in a couple of weeks.
    Here in Tucson we have an RV show (which seems like) once a month. They are always free, and it appears that they are sponsored by Le Mesa. They do a lot of television advertising here.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Here in Tucson we have an RV show (which seems like) once a month. They are always free, and it appears that they are sponsored by Le Mesa. They do a lot of television advertising here.
    Same thing here in FL... La Mesa is always have a "show" at the Dayton Speedway.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJavelin View Post
    ALL printed media is dying.
    Yep. I haven't subscribed to print magazines and/or newspapers for at least 15+ years. Cost is too much and the news/information is too little. Maybe I'm just an old dude that doesn't get it.
    When I lived (college) in downtown Milwaukee (early eighties) I always looked forward to the Green Sheet insert and the comics. Unfortunatly, it happens that every story I had personal knowledge of, was reported incorrectly in the paper.

Somehow, I still get regular "free" magazines. Most I don't want, but I cant seem to stop getting them.

I would not mind a good RV magazine though. I'll check these out and see.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks traveldawg! It's a great list. Here's one more that has many how-to articles, which I miss from the old Travel Trailer magazine... RV Enthusiast at $9/year (digital only) for 12 editions at https://rventhusiast.com/. Happy Holidays...
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biery-Bullock View Post
    Thanks traveldawg! It's a great list. Here's one more that has many how-to articles, which I miss from the old Travel Trailer magazine... RV Enthusiast at $9/year (digital only) for 12 editions at https://rventhusiast.com/. Happy Holidays...
    Thanks, I'll add it to the list. I noticed that Bob Livingston is the publisher; he has a great history and has been around longer than most folks in this industry. I definitely need to check it out.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 12-25-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Magazine. And it only contains a fraction of the information and articles of the other 3 magazines provided. I have no doubt it is a business decision; I just sort of don't like it. So maybe it is my passive aggressiveness that is driving me to revolt and not renew RV Magazine.

I too also get the new magazine fulfilling my Trailer Life subscription and find it almost useless.
    I want down to earth camping articles and how to's.
    If I want to find out what wine or beer there are I'd get something dedicated to that.
    To me it's just not worth it and will also not renew when mine ends. A shame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV magazine for us since it is a fund rasier from our daughter. She has been doing this fundraiser since she was little. She will keep doing it until she completes her journey in the program she is part of. It is super cheap and helps with her fundraiser goals.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a follow up on my post above. It turns out the Colorado RV Adventure & Travel show that has happened for at least 15+ years has drastically changed. Found out from my GD dealer that Camping World owns the promotional company that puts on this show and the new show is only the local Camping World dealer selling new and used RVs. All of the other dealers in Denver and along the front range can't display there this year. In my opinion, that's pretty sleazy by Camping World.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a follow up on my post above. It turns out the Colorado RV Adventure & Travel show that has happened for at least 15+ years has drastically changed. Found out from my GD dealer that Camping World owns the promotional company that puts on this show and the new show is only the local Camping World dealer selling new and used RVs. All of the other dealers in Denver and along the front range can't display there this year. In my opinion, that's pretty sleazy by Camping World.

Sleazy = Camping World
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast